Honda Prelude Online banner

Pulleys

1K views 16 replies 5 participants last post by  B16ASol 
#1 ·
I know there has been a big debate about underdrive pulleys and all lately but I recently saw something that was interesting. I dont know if it was posted here but there was a picture of a CTR crank pulley. It was a solid one like the UO one and weighed only like 1.5 lbs or so. This pulley only comes on the racing version of the CTR though. That one has all of the accesories removed (i.e. A/C, PS). Any thoughts on this?

G
#6 ·
UK VTEC, do you know the time difference between the UK and Texas (US Central time)??

I need to call Demon Tweeks, but I am not sure what time I need to call.

------------------
Billy
North Texas Prelude Owners Group
www.ntpog.org

#15 ·
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by 71dsp:
Post the pic, a link, or something.
Also, who builds a "racing" version of the CTR engine?
</font>
He's talking about this:
http://store.yahoo.com/twincamtech/honn1raccran.html

Evidently honda uses them on their N1 CTR's. The description of the pulley is not that great so there is no way to tell if it is harmonically balanced or not. And on top of that even if it's not that does not mean it's safe. Race engines are torn down quite frequently so any long term effects of the pulley would not be seen since they replace the parts that would show signs of wear.

Gabe

------------------
97 Prelude
see it here:Hondaprelude.com

G
#16 ·
So Honda is selling race parts now? Hmm...sounds odd to me, but what do I know?

Anyone have the Honda part number? I don't see how Honda would make pure race parts available to the consumer. They probably only need 5 of those a year (if they indeed use them), so why mass produce them?

I am not convinced that it's a genuine Honda part.

Anyway, if Honda is selling race parts, put me in line for a formula engine....

------------------
Billy
North Texas Prelude Owners Group
www.ntpog.org

#17 ·
In Japan you have different choices when you buy the CTR. You can get the "Race" version that is meant fro poeple who are going to tear down there cars and use it for that purpose, or you can get the "treet" version. This one comes with all the little things like A/C and PS. It is also a little more expensive. Notice that it says "perfect for cars that have no A/C or PS and are looking for the ultimate crank pulley". It is not really honda selling race parts. It is more like people selling JDM 4 into 1 headers for the ITR. Honda makes those too.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.