Honda Prelude Online banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
983 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, my friend just got pulled over for his front license plate. Yes yes i know its not anything big, but the problem is he got pulled over for it the week before, and each time they issued a citation. Does this mean he has to pay for the ticket twice?! I was always under the impression that you couldn't be ticketed for the same thing as long as you're still trying to correct it the first time. What's the deal?

------------------

99' Pearl White Prelude
CF Hood
Mugen replica body kit (Front bumper getting repaired)
SFII front bumper
Neuspeed sport springs
Injen Intake, Racing medallion Exhaust
Apex'i V-AFC
Sony CDX-M650 head unit

·
Registered
138 Posts
Same thing happened to me. You just call or write to the department and tell them whats the deal. You shouldn't have to pay twice because of the time given to you to fix the problem. I however, did, because I got pulled over by campus police, and then a week later got a ticket from SDPD. They are two different agencies, so thats why the can fvck with you....and thats exactly what they did to me.

------------------
-97 Prelude SS N-M-Metallic-
and a couple little tricks

·
Registered
2,139 Posts
man, i dun understand why its such a big deal to not have one. I mean, some new cars dont even come with slots or holes to put them in. I forgot what some of the other old threads said, but is this a moving violation? Ive heard from more than a couple ppl that they can't pull you over JUST for not having it (they could easily be wrong though), anyone know for sure?

·
Premium Member
4,530 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by 00vtecLude:
man, i dun understand why its such a big deal to not have one. I mean, some new cars dont even come with slots or holes to put them in. I forgot what some of the other old threads said, but is this a moving violation? Ive heard from more than a couple ppl that they can't pull you over JUST for not having it (they could easily be wrong though), anyone know for sure? </font>
I was followed by a state trooper for over 10 miles (no joke) on the expressway and he was checking all corners of my car seeing what he could get me for. My car wasn't that low then and my exhaust had a silencer. I saw him dialing in my plates and checking my identity and everything, hell, he was even checking out my girl. He was probably pissed because he couldn't get me for speeding when he was waiting on the side of the road. So 10 minutes went by and he pulled me for no front plates. Thats all my ticket was for. Not only that but my court date was 2 weeks after I got the citation issued and I didn't know it. I paid my ticket like 2 days late and had to be reinstated in to the cities dmv computers and have my license reinstated which costs a little bit of money.

Yes the law will get you one way or the other. Unfortunately, I learned the hard way because of my stupid mistakes.

·
Premium Member
1,931 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Jigglybutt:
Hey guys, my friend just got pulled over for his front license plate.
</font>
Where did he get pulled over..Glendale?? I know Glendale cops used to be ticket happy. I don't pass through there that often anymore. I have no front plate and drive daily from Valencia to Century City(near BH) and all over SF Valley side-streets and have never got pulled over. I'm wondering if only certain areas are hot spots for "no plates" or is it just a crapshoot...depends on the day and the cop. What do u think?

·
Registered
725 Posts
Issuing you the second ticket is totally at the discretion of the officer. If you had the ticket there, you could have showed him and he might have let you go, since you would already be responsible for fixing it. But he could also be an a$$ and give you one anyway.

Also, if you have something on your car that the officer deems to be illegal (not having a front license plate falls into this category), then you can be pulled over.

In case you were wondering, I got this information from a friend who is a cop. Hope this helps.

------------------
'00 Prelude
Black 5spd

·
THE LONELY MONK
6,005 Posts
Okay...getting a ticket for not having a front plate is lame. My plate doesn't even fit the holes that are in the front of my car. THe bracket doesn't work correctly.. cause it sways to the left or right after time.

WHat is even more lame is getting a ticket for hanging something below your mirror.. like a graduation tassle or a toy figure.

--Sam

------------------

With Great Powers Come Great Responsibilities--Never Underestimate the Power of the VTEC

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.