Honda Prelude Online banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Official *snow* Hater
751 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anybody used the Progress endlinks on any bar other than the progress bar especially the Tanabe rear sway? Also what is the difference between the Progress endlinks and the stock endlinks.

I tried to install Tanabe this weekend and got the thing off the car but I could not get the endlinks off of the bar. I was able to move one of the bolts about 1/4" before the allen key hole stripped out and consequently I couldn't get it retightened either. :mad::mad: So I had to put the bar back on the car with with about 1/4" of play in the driver side endlink that attaches to the bar.

Because of this I am in the market for some new endlinks and I thought I might as well upgrade them if possible to the Progress endlinks. Plus they are actually cheaper than the OEM Honda replacements from what I can gather.

I PM'ed cementups because is selling them and he said Progress won't guarantee they will fit the Tanabe bar.

So...if anyone can help me out I would appreciate it. I don't want to drive around too long with that thing clunking around back there.:nono:

·
Official *snow* Hater
751 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
^^^^ Help a brotha out. ^^^^

·
Offical Girl Hater.
5,892 Posts
not 100% sure, but if the stock endlinks fit the progress bar, and the progress links fit the progress bar... and the stock links fit the tanabe bar... in theory. the progress links SHOULD fit the tanabe bar.

:p

To solve the problem you are having,(cuz i had the same problem) use a dremel, and cut a few "slits" in the nut, and it helps loosen it up, then all you gotta do is purchase new nuts which are like .35 cents each. :bigthumb:

·
Official *snow* Hater
751 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
dohcpower said:

To solve the problem you are having,(cuz i had the same problem) use a dremel, and cut a few "slits" in the nut, and it helps loosen it up, then all you gotta do is purchase new nuts which are like .35 cents each. :bigthumb:
That is a good idea Chris, I think I might try that. How deep do you have to cut into the nuts? I'm assuming I don't want to get too close to the threads because I might damage them. I didn't strip the allen hole out all the way but it was pretty close so I am hoping that I can thread the new nuts.

Also, what size nuts are they and where did you get yours?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts