Honda Prelude Online banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Convicted GSR Rapist
1,512 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So i ordered a hood, 12/24. At which time, i was told that VIS was closed until 1/3. Which was completely believeable. So i send an email on 1/3, no response. So i email on 1/4, no response.

Date: Tue, 4 Jan 2005 17:52:03 -0500 (EST)
To: [email protected]
Subject: re: order # *******

Just checking the status. I've tried emailing alex several times with no response.
so i'm trying to see if someone else responds to this address.

Again, my order # is ******* for a CF hood. Ordered almost a week ago.
So i give them a call. I speak with someone doing orders (who ive come to learn is named daniel/danny). He tells me that they just got the hoods in and that i'll get mine by friday (1/7) or monday (1/10). So i wait until 1/11, call and speak to Jun, who tells me that they wont be shipped until one week from _that_ friday (1/21). So i contact the BBB & BAR and while on the phone with BBB, i get an email:

Date: Tue, 11 Jan 2005 15:22:28 -0800
To: Joshua H.
Subject: RE: prostreetonline.com Inquiry

Joshua, unfortunately VIS was not anticipating so many people purchasing
hoods over the holiday season and was closed from Dec. 20th until Jan.
3rd. Since then, they have been trying to fulfill all of their orders.
They are telling us that our orders will be ready for shipping later
this week. I sincerely apologize for the timely wait.
So this makes 3 ETAs. So i wrote this back, a day later, after calming.
Date: Wed, 12 Jan 2005 15:02:13 -0500 (EST)
To: "[email protected]" <[email protected]>
Subject: RE: prostreetonline.com Inquiry

Let me ask you this. I spoke with someone who told me I should get my hood
by the end of last week, maybe Monday. I called and spoke to Jun, who told me
it wont ship until the _end_ of next week. Now you're telling its going to ship
the end of this week. Three different answers from three different people. I
demand to know a _real_ answer with an _exact_ date within 24 hrs, or I'd
like to cancel my order. This is absolutely ludicrous, not to mention
unprofessional. The BBB & Bar advised I try one last time with you, before
filing an official complaint. I'd hate for this to get sticky but ordering
something 4 weeks ago, as of Friday, with no confirmation number, is unreal.
If this is how you treat your repeat customers, I'd would hate to see how
you treat your one-time-buy customers.
So i get a call from danny, saying that Jun was mistaken and that they've just sent someone to go get the hoods, and they should be back soon. They will readdress it and send it out tomorrow(1/13). And i'll have it by Friday. Next day? UPS? To anyone whos ever shipped next day with ups, its nextday from when they check it in. (which takes a day). So i ask him, well when do i get my confirmation #. And he responds, tomorrow when it ships.

So at around 3PM today (1/13), i send them email:
Date: Thu, 13 Jan 2005 18:35:11 -0500 (EST)
To: [email protected]
Subject: re: C/N: *******

Danny,
I was advised, per you, that the product would be shipped out today. I was also
advised that upon shipping, I would receive a shipping number. Now, I understand
standard UPS cut-off to ship today is 4PM, however, a tracking number should be available before UPS actually picks up
the package. So since it should already be ready to go, I'd like my shipping number.
We agreed this would ship out today, and be here tomorrow. I assume, you are
making some sort of shipping upgrade, as we both know, UPS does not deliver instate in 1-2 day(s) to residences.
I trust you are taking charge of this. I would hate to make your 3rd BBB
compliant.
To which i get this response:
When, I spoke with VIS earlier this week, they told me that it would be
available to ship today, but when I called this morning, they told me
that it won't be coming in until Monday. We can ship it out to you
Monday and get it to you within 1-2 days with our freight company. I
apologize that your hood is taking and additional couple of days, but
unfortunately there is nothing I can do about it. I have your airbill
already filled out and ready to put on the box. Let me know what you
would like to do.

Daniel
Pro Street Online, Inc.
http:www.prostreetonline.com
So this now makes the 4th eta, out of 4 questions answered.

My question is:
1) what do i have to do to get this sponser abused for being unproffessional.
2) what do i have to do formally complain to others besides BBB/BAR.

·
*yawn*
13,632 Posts
achemze said:
So i ordered a hood, 12/24. At which time, i was told that VIS was closed until 1/3. Which was completely believeable. So i send an email on 1/3, no response. So i email on 1/4, no response.

So i give them a call. I speak with someone doing orders (who ive come to learn is named daniel/danny). He tells me that they just got the hoods in and that i'll get mine by friday (1/7) or monday (1/10). So i wait until 1/11, call and speak to Jun, who tells me that they wont be shipped until one week from _that_ friday (1/21). So i contact the BBB & BAR and while on the phone with BBB, i get an email:

So this makes 3 ETAs. So i wrote this back, a day later, after calming.

So i get a call from danny, saying that Jun was mistaken and that they've just sent someone to go get the hoods, and they should be back soon. They will readdress it and send it out today. And i'll have it by Friday. Next day? UPS? To anyone whos ever shipped next day with ups, its nextday from when they check it in. (which takes a day). So i ask him, well when do i get my confirmation #. And he responds, tomorrow when it ships.

So at around 3PM today (1/13), i send them email:

To which i get this response:

So this now makes the 4th eta, out of 4 questions answered.

My question is:
1) what do i have to do to get this sponser abused.
2) what do i have to do formally complain to others besides BBB/BAR.
He's not a sponsor.
Is there really any other formal complaining besides the BBB??

·
Convicted GSR Rapist
1,512 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
a sticky in the "DONT ORDER FROM" thread
someone calling and making fun of all there mom's
maybe some other sponser wants to tell me how their hoods are in stock and can be here in a week.

I thought they were a sponsor at some point. Maybe all the signature whoring made me think that. Well, BAR is an alternative to the BBB .. I was just curious if their are any others similar.

maybe its time to break out TEH OL' D.O.S. TOOLS

·
*yawn*
13,632 Posts
achemze said:
I thought they were a sponsor at some point.
Yeah they were, but I don't think that badmouthing them on here is going to do any good.
I think you're better off searching Honda-Tech for other similar experiences since they've move far more product over there compared to here in their sponsor forum.
Good luck man.

·
Registered
10,400 Posts
That's why I won't order from them, even though they're $30 cheaper for a flywheel I'm looking at. I already had one bad experience with them.

·
Registered
2,126 Posts
They screw me around for like 6 weeks after I ordered my CF Hood from them. My experiances are VERY similar to yours. :rolleyes: When I finally got my hood, the clear coat was scratched and cloudy. Took them another 2 weeks to come pick it up. Another 2 weeks after that to refund my money. :mad:

·
veteran sharkdiver
7,134 Posts
achemze said:
Its a good thing gaywierd (hayward) is so far away
Pro Street Online, Inc.
30997 Huntwood Ave
Suite 102
Hayward, CA 94544

Holy ****ing **** dawg, they are right down the street from my house, like litterally only blocks away. That's my zip code.

ROFL, should I go in and say that I am you???

·
IM LOVIN IT!!!
2,339 Posts
WEIRD... i order my ACT flywheel from them n they payed for fedex 2nd day... when i wanted free ground shippin.... it came fast n i didnt have any problems...

·
Vrrom VROOM *POP* oops!
786 Posts
same here, ive had 3 good expierences from them, but mine were in stock in their warehouse.
they shouldnt be promising things at certain dates if they dont have the products in their control (in someone elses hands)

·
Registered
921 Posts
sharkcohen said:
Pro Street Online, Inc.
30997 Huntwood Ave
Suite 102
Hayward, CA 94544

Holy ****ing **** dawg, they are right down the street from my house, like litterally only blocks away. That's my zip code.

ROFL, should I go in and say that I am you???
OMG I'm 94601... Let's meet up :cool: Been to PSI before... Shaun/Shawn the owner is a cool guy to talk to. Owns an RWD 4th gen prelude. :cool:

·
Premium Member
896 Posts
Sucks to hear man. But unfortunately I think it's more of a problem w/ ViS. I've had several friends order cf hoods from different shops w/ the same problems. One of my friends even went all the way down to socal from n.cali to pick up his hood. He spoke w/ a ViS sales rep and worked out a good price for the hood if he comes down to pick it up. ViS gave him a specific day to come down. When he showed up, they told him they didn't have the hood in stock.

·
Boost Withdrawl... :(
6,152 Posts
LUDExCONDUCT said:
Sucks to hear man. But unfortunately I think it's more of a problem w/ ViS. I've had several friends order cf hoods from different shops w/ the same problems. One of my friends even went all the way down to socal from n.cali to pick up his hood. He spoke w/ a ViS sales rep and worked out a good price for the hood if he comes down to pick it up. ViS gave him a specific day to come down. When he showed up, they told him they didn't have the hood in stock.
bingo

its the supplier
VIS is ALWAYS backed up
they cant meet the demand :shrug:

·
Amanda's biatch
2,018 Posts
I'm having problems with them as well.. they sent me the wrong timing belt kit (F22 instead of H22), i payed 305 shipped for it, and sent them every part of the kit back minus the balancer belt.. they said that will cost me 20 dollars.. and they will refund the remaining part of the money.. those idiots refund me 20 dollars instead of 285.. so now i am calling them yet AGAIN today because it's been 8 days and i havent received the correct amount yet from them.. :mad:

·
Custom User Title
180 Posts
Not to backup proslutonline or whatever, but in this industry if an item is not in stock don't expect it in stock for a while.

I have Buddy Club P1QF wheels for my S2000 that I ordered in Mar 03. They are still backordered for some reason. My source kept telling me 2 weeks, but that's because that's what HE was being told (and I believe him). I see this happen all the time, and honestly there is not much the seller can do if the product is being manufactured or is coming on a boat or what have you.

I'd be pretty pissed if I were you too, but I wouldn't completely take it out on proslut. They are probably giving you information based on information they are given (in this case, VIS)

·
I'm back baby!
907 Posts
DongTran said:
Not to backup proslutonline or whatever, but in this industry if an item is not in stock don't expect it in stock for a while.

I have Buddy Club P1QF wheels for my S2000 that I ordered in Mar 03. They are still backordered for some reason. My source kept telling me 2 weeks, but that's because that's what HE was being told (and I believe him). I see this happen all the time, and honestly there is not much the seller can do if the product is being manufactured or is coming on a boat or what have you.

I'd be pretty pissed if I were you too, but I wouldn't completely take it out on proslut. They are probably giving you information based on information they are given (in this case, VIS)
true, but still bad business to promise a customer a part that they don't have. It sounds like VIS is ULTIMATELY to blame for not getting the hood, but prostreet is to blame for not mentioning it to him that it is back ordered and may not arrive any time soon. It sounds like they put the priority on "get them off the phone" as opposed to "satisfy the customer" Im sure a simple explaination that the part is delayed until VIS can ship them here would have sufficed rather than being told by 4 different people 4 different promses of shipping dates.

Personally, You already know my stance since I told you in IRC... but to day it here, I would find a source for it elsewhere and get my money back and let them know that it is because of their bad customer service (as opposed to the hood being delayed).

If I ever actually get my lude and I am in the market for parts, I know that this experience has caused me to think twice about ordering from prostreet.

·
Convicted GSR Rapist
1,512 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
Thanks everyone, i appreciate the condulences.

I say you should go harass them dave. I was going to go in there today, but i live in san jose now. Little bit of a walk with no car :p I say everyone go in and say they are me, and each time they can be like :eek: I say we have a meet in there parking lot and do burnouts all day LOL!

And i understand that ultimate its VIS problem for delaying the production, however i use to do retail parts sales for home appliances. I know that when i was told an eta of 2 weeks, i told the customer 3 weeks. I'd rather have them ***** and complain when they order it, then to call me back every day for a week, when it really takes 3 weeks. Worst case, it comes in early and they thank you for getting it here faster than you quoted. The worst part of this all, is that i called them on all their bull**** and they continue to lie.

I'm debating going down there monday morning and just sitting there for 8 hrs, being obnoxious and pushing off customers outside.

Anyone have a better place to go for this? I figured they'd do me good. They extended a small discount for repeat business (my last buy was excellent). I had the product within 5 days of placing the order. I was so impressed i figured i'd try again. Wrong! wrong! wrong!

·
Premium Member
1,123 Posts
its VIS. theyre well known to lag for their service. when selling vis mugen replicas to the members i disclose that it will take about 3 weeks to actually get my hands on them. if its longer than 3 weeks i give options for a full refund.

im phasing away from VIS and moving onto Seibon. Seibon actually gets the same CF products from VIS' manufacturer in asia.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts