Honda Prelude Online banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys hope everyone doing well with this crazy pandemic going on. I’d like to have something figured out with my car. I had trouble with my shift cables and found out I torn a cable once I switched them out for some new ones my car drives fine ,but won’t go in REVERSE...there’s no grinds when I shift into reverse nor do the others. Was wondering if it needs an after market shift box or my master clutch cylinder. Please help. Thanks.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Could you put the reverse gear when the car is turned off? Also are you able to use gears 1-5 without any problems? If gears 1-5 work fine then the master and slave clutch cylinders should be working fine. Look at both the master and slave clutch cylinders and make sure they are dry and not wet from the clutch oil finding its way out. Have you tried bleeding out the clutch line to remove any air bubbles. Then the last thing to look into would be your clutch or the reverse fork in the transmission. Now that I recall I remember one of my transmissions having trouble putting the car in fifth gear because the shift fork for the reverse was busted. The fifth gear fork shift is number 1 in the picture. I replaced it and that fixed the issue.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts