Honda Prelude Online banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi friends,

This is Raghu. I have a 97 Prelude type SH. The car was purchased at a dealer and it had the ATTS light on when I purchased it. I got the error code 62 repeatedly and I found it to be the Oil pressure. I went to the Honda dealer and got the oil replaced with a little more the 1 quart of Honda ATF as per the recommendation. The dealer reset the ECU and cleared the error code. Soon after he took a test ride to see if the ATTS is performing. But, he came back saying that the ATTS light came back on and there may be a problem with the ATTS control unit and I may have to replace the unit. But, I did not replace the unit since no other error code came up other than 62 (oil pressure). I came back home and reset the ecu myself pulling up the clock/radio fuse. The funning thing here is that, when I turn the car to the right really hard the ATTS lights don't come on. But,when I turned the car to the left from a traffic stop, the ATTS light came on. I repeated resetting the ecu several times to check it this case was repeating. I did find out that it was true. When I turn the car to the right at any speed, the ATTS light wont come on, but, when I turn the car to the left, the ATTS light comes on.

Another incident is when the car is driving straight on the freeway at 60+mph the ATTS light won't come on, but when I had to take a ramp at 50+mph to the left, the ATTS light comes on with the engine sounding as if it ran out of fuel(sputter), but again this is only for 2-3 seconds and when the ATTS light comes on the engine would sound normal and would run normal. It is really confusing. I don't want to get my car to the dealer as they charge too much for the diagnosis alone. Visually almost everything looks in place. Please suggest me what could be wrong. Has anyone had the similar problem? Please help..

Best regards,
Raghu

·
Registered
319 Posts
Sorry to hear about your issues Raghu. make sure your tires are the same size and are properly inflated. also make sure the atts light is the only light on. The vibration and the sense of a rev limiter is normal on SH models when the atts unit detects an issue usually follwed by the light turning on.

Since your atts light comes on when you turn left, I would check to see if your left oil pressure sensor is working on your atts unit.

·
Registered
1 Posts
huh, me too

OMG, I'm not the only one with this problem! I've had my 97's ATTS light come on way more often now and during just normal driving. Mine seem to happen on light right turns, but also randomly on a straight hwy. It seemed to start when new front tires were put onto my 17" rims. (I've had the rims for awhile before) Could the tire folks have hit a wheel angle sensor or something or is the rubber way heavier? My steering rack is very creaky / squeeky and maybe the tie rod ends are worn. Maybe the front wheels aren't exactly parallel and might be throwing some sensor. The light always resets itself when I restart the car, so I haven't gotten the error code.

I have always had that issue too where if you get on it too much the engine stalls out for a sec and the atts light comes on. At that point pulling the clock radio fuse is the only way to reset it. I like the system, but it seems too "delicate". I wouldn't want to pay for replacing the atts unit and would probably just disconnect the fuse for it. Front tires are the same size, not sure how to check the oil pressure sensors. Any other thoughts?

·
Registered
44 Posts
i know this is kinda an old thread but my atts light just came on for the dame reason and i was wondering if any one has found out why this happened

·
Premium Member
557 Posts
the atts unit uses ATF.
and why would you add 1 quart over recomended?
drain some out.
Sounds like he added just a little over 1 quart, not 1 quart over.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts