Honda Prelude Online banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Like an idiot I over tightened my RAZO shift knob thus breaking the plastic thread insert (10mm) on the inside, and rendering the knob useless. Anyone have one laying around or know where I could possibly get one (the plastic insert). I don't want to buy an entirely new knob just for a piece of plastic that probably costs like 3 cents. By the way its a RAZO RA17 shift knob, but I'm willing to bet they use the same thread inserts in all their knobs.

·
Wolf in sheep's clothing
1,150 Posts
Same thing happened to me. I just took the other one that comes in the package. I think is a 12mm, put some tape on the shifter, put the 12mm on and bingo. It will be a bit loose, but hey it worked for me.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I was thinking about doing the same kind of thing but instead using some rubber tubing and putting that on the shifter. But I'll give the tape a shot. Thanks:bigthumb:

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
po0p said:
just buy another knob.....and don't be a no0b next time :laugh:
Just because I have a post count of like 12 doesn't mean I don't know a thing or two about cars. :laugh: real funny, and thanks for the help by the way (sic). :p ;)

·
Registered
927 Posts
dat.silver.lude said:
damn, pretty delicate, huh? Does the OEM shift knob break if you overtighten it, too?
heck no i tighten the crap outta mine cuz i HATE when they swivel

·
Registered
2,449 Posts
BlahYadaGT said:

Just because I have a post count of like 12 doesn't mean I don't know a thing or two about cars. :laugh: real funny, and thanks for the help by the way (sic). :p ;)
I didn't even see your post count when replying.....
it's just that n0obs seem to think that the tighter it is, the better....from simple screws to bolts or lug nuts... just pokin fun :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts