Honda Prelude Online banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was using high washer to wash my car this morning and it kill my new paint job on the body kit...so sad....
The clear coat is pealing off...This really suck...now I will have to get it repaint

·
Registered
104 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by prelude2005:
didnt they tell you NOT to wash the car for at least a week?</font>
But it's been more than a week - must have been 4 to 5 weeks by now.

What pressure were you using - the jet or a spread-out fan-shape...?

·
Premium Member
9,091 Posts
Dude, that was a **** paint job. I pressure washed my '89 Prelude for 5 years and didn't have a problem (factory paint). I'd go back and bust some balls, they hosed you on the paintjob. If you weren't supposed to pressure wash it for more than a few weeks, they should have told you that.

G

·
ya...that's a whack paint job if the clear coat comes off with water....what are you going to do when you're driving 70mph in the rain!?!?!

------------------

·
Buttering up the muffin
965 Posts
Take the car back. You should have a GUARENTEE on the paint for at least a year. Was it a private business paint job?
Jake

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yeah..I will take it back on monday..
hopefully they will fix it up...

Everytime I look at the car, it make me free like sh*t

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I just bought my car back to the bodyshop.
They actually very nice about it, they keep on saying sorry...which I was really glad..
I will let you guys know how its go, after the paint job

·
Registered
416 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Snoopy_cool:
I just bought my car back to the bodyshop.
They actually very nice about it, they keep on saying sorry...which I was really glad..
I will let you guys know how its go, after the paint job
</font>

man..unless they accidentally messed up like that, I'd get my $back and take it elsewhere.

if it was done intentionally or accidents like that happen often there, then...bad news.

------------------
kimchi cures cancer

·
Registered
713 Posts
You ought to try to aviod using pressure washers in the first place. If you don't have a choice - well then there's nothing else you can do so u have to use it.

The water is usually too hot and the detergent too strong/concentrated. Not only does it strip your wax, it removes essential oils from your paint making it fade & oxidize quicker.

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by IXLR8:
The water is usually too hot and the detergent too strong/concentrated. Not only does it strip your wax, it removes essential oils from your paint making it fade & oxidize quicker.</font>
I was using th water presure at home..the water os cold and I didn't even put any detergent into the water pressure washer
I don't think it has anything to do with it...
beside I use it on the factory paint too and nothing happen....

·
Registered
2,053 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Snoopy_cool:
I was using th water presure at home..the water os cold and I didn't even put any detergent into the water pressure washer
I don't think it has anything to do with it...
beside I use it on the factory paint too and nothing happen....

</font>
If you're using one of those 3hp gasoline powered pressure washers, they can be even more powerful than the drive thru do-it-yourself car washes. Even the electric ones are pretty powerful, and I wouldn't ever consider using one on my baby.

Now if you're just talking about city water pressure thru a nozzle with a reservoir or something like that, that's a different story. Either way, if the factory paint withstood it, the new paint should have as well.

Sounds like they didn't properly prepare the surface for the new paint. They're supposed to use a different mixture on plastic or rubber than they do on metal, also.

Hope they fix it for you.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts