Honda Prelude Online banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
¡¡¡ǝɹǝɥ sɐʍ sdnʇuǝɯǝɔ
5,891 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
not to rehash on this topic, but:

1. You were speeding. That's against the law wether you are doing 5mph over or 50mph over. It's also illegal to go too slow. And laws don't have time limits, so wether it was 12:30 or 6:00 doesn't matter either.

2. For a front liscence plate you would not have to drill into your bumper. There is a mount right in front of your radiator for a bracket to mount a front liscence plate holder. I'm sure they are not expensive.

------------------
2001 EBP Prelude
#550/2500
OEM body kit
JDM fogs and blue valve cover
Happy luding

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
ok.. i wanted to post up another topic but i was too lazy.. well this is good. I'm not saying it's not my fault and it's all the cop's fault. I just think he could have been a little more considerate. I blame myself for being so dumb that I got pulled over. This is my first ticket ever since i got my license.

any other ideas for the front plate setup and pictures.

Bronx99: I had clear fronts, clear side markers, blue bulbs. lowered.. he didn't cite me for any of the following.

·
Texas
734 Posts
i think cops giving tickets for not having a front license plate are a**es...speeding i don't complain about, i understand that they're there to protect stupid ppl from killing themselves or others...but if a cop ever gives me crap about my lack of a front license plate i will go off on him

G

·
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Cruxader:
but if a cop ever gives me crap about my lack of a front license plate i will go off on him</font>
YEAH, YOU'LL SHOW HIM!!

------------------
Billy
North Texas Prelude Owners Group
www.ntpog.org

·
Registered
2,152 Posts
my friend got pulled over all the time for that in his maxima. By far the easiest way to get around it is get 4 sticky cups that mount to your license plate, and if you put it inside your window on the dash. I haven't seen your thread to why you got pulled over but if you are out doing somethign where that is a risk, just put it up when you go out. And leave it down the rest of the time b/c of the tacky looks.

·
THE LONELY MONK
6,005 Posts
Okay..the front license plate thing..you should get a break for that..for one thing.. you have no holes in the front...it came from the factory like that.

As for the bracket thing..i have one..and i used to use it..but it kept on drifting/leaning to one side as time went by. THe bolts would get loose. The zip tie thing and the reflective numbers are a good idea though...hm...i wonder why corvettes and mercedez hardly ever get front license plate citations?

Speeding...okay...you were 15 mph over the speed limit. He had a right to pull you over. I still think it wasn't cool though to pull you over and cite you for the front plate. That has happened to me also. Usually.. what i do is take out my plate in the trunk...show the officer that the holes that i have in front (they are plugged up) don't line up with the front plate. They usually let me off.

--Sam

------------------

With Great Powers Come Great Responsibilities--Never Underestimate the Power of the VTEC

·
Registered
71 Posts
Jen has a bracket to hold the license plate if you want it. She doesn't use it anymore. I'm not sure it will fit though cause it's from her Civic. Might as well give it a try..

------------------

'98 GSR

1 - 8 of 8 Posts