·
Administrator
13,746 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Administrator
13,746 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That Craigslist listing was deleted by the author. I wonder if they pulled it or sold it.

A 51k mile base model pulled $15k on BaT last week.
I wonder though that because of the type of crowd the goes to BaT, the price would inflate because of it. Like, if it were listed somewhere else (CL, eBay, etc), would it still get that high of a price?

·
BB6'n till R34'n
6,083 Posts
LOL 6k for a car with 180K miles today is stupid. Even if the car is clean.
I'd rather have a 180k mile prelude than most lower mileage cars available right now, but mine has 214k miles.

·
Chevy 350 swapped Prelude
3,152 Posts
You have a good point, but these cars are still old and low tech, hard to pay so much money unless you some old-school purist with deep pockets for obsolete cars.

lol Which fits some of us to a certain extent(non deep pockets lol)

·
BB6'n till R34'n
6,083 Posts
$6k is still less than buying a modern civic si. Honestly sub $10k is pretty cool to get an analog driver's car. The whole point is that they are low tech.

·
Administrator
13,746 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I was thinking this the other day with my Stinger, and made me wonder about upcoming cars. There's the trend of gauge displays moving to all-digital, as well as infotainment systems. I wonder what support or repairs you can have done in the future if either displays crap out. Or, what about Android Auto/Apple CarPlay support where the apps are evolving, but the interface it connects to ages.

·
Registered
6,314 Posts
I was thinking this the other day with my Stinger, and made me wonder about upcoming cars. There's the trend of gauge displays moving to all-digital, as well as infotainment systems. I wonder what support or repairs you can have done in the future if either displays crap out. Or, what about Android Auto/Apple CarPlay support where the apps are evolving, but the interface it connects to ages.
As much as I enjoy the RC and its creature comforts in all sorts of ways I'm already planning on just taking the wifes 2010 RX and having her get into something newer than finding something with 3 pedals and low tech. Small, nimble, and unique is all I really need. A Scirocco II, a Volvo P1800, or a Datsun 1600/2000 roadster all top my list and I'm thinking by about this time next year I'll move on it.

Your point about the tech always comes to mind when I looked at 540i's a while back. All the ones with Navi were immediate NO for me since it looks terribly dated and no real way to help with that.

·
Administrator
13,746 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
^^^Even in my Stinger, the UVO's stock navigation looks too busy, choppy, and doesn't have as good a features than what I get from Google Maps on Android Auto. There may be an update to it, and I will likely get that complimentary update early next year, but won't be using it unless it's my last resort.

My wife has similar UVO and Android Auto features with her Sorento, and she can't live without having all that tech. She has already said to me she wants our son's first car (which is 4 years down the road...eeeesh) to have Android Auto compatibility. The tech is almost standard equipment everywhere, so that may be a given. The sensible part of me though is getting him a older cheap car and retrofitting that tech in.

·
Chevy 350 swapped Prelude
3,152 Posts
Get him like a 1948 jeep willys and put a bunch of dash screens and cameras on it, a turbo, some spinners.

He'll be "cultured".

·
B-A-N-A-N-A-S!!
827 Posts
Your point about the tech always comes to mind when I looked at 540i's a while back. All the ones with Navi were immediate NO for me since it looks terribly dated and no real way to help with that.
The Nav on my 2011 E91 is AWFUL. I don't think I've ever actually used it, maybe just to check and see mileage, but never to get me anywhere.

Be right back. Looking at how to get apple carplay on a nearly 10 year old idrive.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts