Honda Prelude Online banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any one know the exact size of the speakers in the front and the back of a fourth gen lude? the front bottom (on the doors) and the ones in the rear by the back window.

also, there are two models of the prelude right? prelude sr and srv? (srv being the higher one, leather etc). do the speakers on the front dash work in the SR modeL? or are they just for display?

Thanks in advance guys!

·
Premium Member
3,864 Posts
The speakers in the doors and on the rear deck are 6.5" in diameter.

The only model that did not have operational tweeters behind the dash grilles are the "S" model, the lowest model. The "Si/SR" and "Si-VTEC/SRV" both included those tweeters.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The speakers in the doors and on the rear deck are 6.5" in diameter.

The only model that did not have operational tweeters behind the dash grilles are the "S" model, the lowest model. The "Si/SR" and "Si-VTEC/SRV" both included those tweeters.
Thanks for you help! :)

·
Registered
243 Posts
and also the japaneese model have 2 more tweters in the middle of the dash and a 6x9" in the middle of the passenger seats

·
Registered
76 Posts
and also the japaneese model have 2 more tweters in the middle of the dash and a 6x9" in the middle of the passenger seats
And the 6x9 was also in the USDM Vtec

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
So then would you say that it is possible to put in speakers behind the dash grilles on the 'S' model when initially there werent any?

·
Registered
76 Posts
So then would you say that it is possible to put in speakers behind the dash grilles on the 'S' model when initially there werent any?
Not a problem I have them on mine.
In fact I believe the wiring is pre-run, and the tweeter covers have a way to attach a bracket and speaker

·
Registered
1,803 Posts
does anyone know of good shallow mount speakers for the 2 rear 6.5 speakers? my lude came with nothing but the front speakers, not even a head, i have some 6.5's back there that i got from a friend for cheap but they dont sit in the holes right, theyre too thick. oh yeah, the main reason for my posting in this thread is, has anyone ever wired up the 6x9 sub in the Si? i have an Si and im thinkin about doing it.

·
Registered
76 Posts
i wire it... if you have the oem amplifier for the 6x9... i beleve i post how to wire it... search for dsp... pm or write again here..
is this the thread you refer too HERE

Just shows the pinout, is there another that show how the wiring is connected?
That I don't see

·
Registered
76 Posts
Here is all the wiring info I have on the sub

it looks to me like the VTEC had a separate harness-which would be unusual for Honda on our ludes-everything else seems to be pre-wired maybe just not installed

The part I can't quite figure out is on the amp itself, where it shows LR\RR speaker is that the line out, the line in, something else :confused:

Attachments

·
Registered
243 Posts
the LR and RR are in all the wires that goes from the driver side...

you can locate them by removing the cover in the passenger seat (the one with the arm rest)...

to identify them... they are twisted... easy to know and see

you need to wire the remote, acc, power and the ground...

the mute i dont have it wired and it works

·
Premium Member
177 Posts
I have a set of Infinity Reference 6.5" mids in the rear deck and they fit fine. I don't recall having to find a model specifically for the shallow mount as I did with my old speakers. I've got the Infinity Reference component set in the front with the tweets/crossovers in the dash and they sound great.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Here is all the wiring info I have on the sub

it looks to me like the VTEC had a separate harness-which would be unusual for Honda on our ludes-everything else seems to be pre-wired maybe just not installed

The part I can't quite figure out is on the amp itself, where it shows LR\RR speaker is that the line out, the line in, something else :confused:
Do You have schematics for DSP unit?
I have DSP unit, but do not know, what are pinouts.
Can Anybody help me?

thanx in advance!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts