Honda Prelude Online banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys,

I just bought a 98 Prelude SH. In the owners manual, it says that the ATTS light should turn on for a few seconds when the ignition is in the II position, but it never turns on in my car. Does it turn on in your cars? How can you tell if ATTS is working? What does it exactly feel like? I have taken a few hard corners to try to feel it, but i'm not sure if i can feel it.

·
Retired, sorta
4,968 Posts
usually the light turns on for a bit and then goes away.. it could be the bulb that's burnt out, so you're not seeing the light at all

or whoever you bought it from claimed it was a "SH" but it really isn't =-X
but i highly doubt that...

imo, i never felt atts until i started takin corners harder.. and not on city streets.. mainly on freeway on ramps etc...

·
Boost Withdrawl... :(
6,152 Posts
i think ATTS is a joke.....they should of put an LSD in that mofo

·
Registered
804 Posts
well, i like my atts, my friends all say it corners way better at high speeds than their cars, but check the fuse man, maybe they pulled the fuse for some reason??????iono how to sexplain the feeling though, b/c i cant really tell either, but ive never drivin a base around hard turns..

·
Offical Girl Hater.
5,892 Posts
bboyskillet said:
Where is the ATTS located? How can icheck for it on the car?

look behind the oil pan.. if there isn't a HUGE box right behind the oil pan, then you don't have a Type Sh.

·
Offical Girl Hater.
5,892 Posts
bboyskillet said:
Is this box about 1/3 the size of the oil pan with a barcode sticker on the side of it?
Yup. :bigthumb:

·
Convicted GSR Rapist
1,512 Posts
Everyone seems right on ... fuses and bulbs then onward.

I think the atts unit does the job it was designed to do. However, as you can tell, honda decided to go against it. It wasnt worth the hassle, when you can just put a LSD in there. If your doing a modest N/A build .. an SH will prevail i think. I remember loosing bases in the twisties once upon a moon..

1 - 9 of 9 Posts