Honda Prelude Online banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3,337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i remember seeing these a long time ago. i cannot find useing the search. there was a nifty little cahrt showing the production numbers for each year and country they were sold in. if anyone has it, hook it up, please.
thanks.
:bigthumb:

·
Premium Member
9,091 Posts
Find Automotive News in your local library... they might even have the database on the web. They publish annual domestic and int'l numbers IIRC for all makes/models. I think they update it monthly.

·
Offtrack excursion expert
6,762 Posts
I think in the last year Honda only manufactured around 10k cars or so. The best selling generation of Prelude was the 3G IIRC.

·
Registered
3,337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
^thanks.
i know long time ago on here and hondaprelude.com there was a graph showing each year production. how many in japan, us, canada, etc. i could have sworni saved it, but i cannot find it:(

·
Registered
3,337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i remember (back in the good ole' days) there were a **** load of the second generation prelude running around. i drove a couple of them. i guess that is what got me wanting one later on.

·
Registered
266 Posts
A little off topic but is there anyway to tell exactly when you car was made? Or what the last day of production was for the 5th gen? I'm curious how close to the end my car was.

·
::: 5200 RPM = :-) :::
1,073 Posts
Does anybody know how many of each color were produced during those years?

Or lets say how many base and Type SH's were produced for 5th gens?

·
Offtrack excursion expert
6,762 Posts
You guys are going to have to do your own research on some of those questions. I don't even know that you could find specific answers like that.

·
Premium Member
3,032 Posts
Are you looking for something like this? I know there's a more comprehensive one out there but this is what 30 seconds of google yeilded.

http://www.autointell.com/asian_companies/honda_motor/honda_us_sales/honda-us-sales-99-00.htm

If this is accurate you can see why they killed off the Prelude. The Integra/Prelude market was only ~40k cars at it's maximum. The S2k matched the Prelude sales in the 2nd year. Though I thought more Integras were sold per year than what is indicated...

·
Registered
4 Posts
In 2001; roughly 12,000 produced, these are the percentage of those that were:

Base = 72.7%
SH = 27.3

Electron Blue Pearl = 9.1%
Milano Red. = 31.8 %
Nighthawk Black Pearl = 22.7%
Premium White Pearl = 13.6%
Satin Silver = 22.7%

·