Honda Prelude Online banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Needing to replace my tires and narrowed it down to these two. Was wondering if anyone had any personal experience with either tire.

My main question is, are the S04 worth the extra $200 for a set of 4? I will be using this for spirited street driving only. Or are there other better options for summer tires?

·
Registered
4 Posts
I've tested both but haven't used either as my everyday tire. Are you running 215/45-17? Then for ultimate dry grip and average wet grip get the Hankook RS-3 or Dunlop Z1 Star Spec (slightly less dry grip compared to the Hankooks but better wet grip).

I run the Dunlop Z1's in 205/50-16 as my everyday tire.

·
Premium Member
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I can run either 215/40/17 or 205/45/17. I actually have the Dunlop Z1s right now. I wasn't too happy with the wet traction. Dry grip is decent. But the one thing is that tread life is pretty bad on my set. I could only get about 23k miles out of them and this is just on the street. I am comparing this to my previous set 16" Goodyear F1s.

Looking for some alternatives at this point.

·
Premium Member
1,875 Posts
I can run either 215/40/17 or 205/45/17. I actually have the Dunlop Z1s right now. I wasn't too happy with the wet traction. Dry grip is decent. But the one thing is that tread life is pretty bad on my set. I could only get about 23k miles out of them and this is just on the street. I am comparing this to my previous set 16" Goodyear F1s.

Looking for some alternatives at this point.
23k is pretty good, I got 12k out of mine.:laugh:

I think bridgestone is over priced, because those are usually factory specced tires. Look into hankook, i got some evo v12's and they last much longer. Wet grip is very very good for a summer tire. Quiet too.

·
Premium Member
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
23k is pretty good, I got 12k out of mine.:laugh:

I think bridgestone is over priced, because those are usually factory specced tires. Look into hankook, i got some evo v12's and they last much longer. Wet grip is very very good for a summer tire. Quiet too.
Wow 12K, I must have been babying mine :) Yes some of the OEM Bridgestone tires just plain suck. The S-04 are suppose to be one of their higher tiered tires. I'll look into the hankook. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
1,875 Posts
lol my bad, 12k was for the rears on my s2000. They would have lasted at least 20 on the lude.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts