Honda Prelude Online banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, it would be sweet if we could get a list of all the aftermarket component sets people are using and what you had to do to make them fit (in stock locations of kicks). If you can please list model numbers too.

If we could get this FAQed with some responses it would answer a lot of questions.

Thanks!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Polk Momo 6.5 componets mounted in a speaker pod replacing the stock grill wrapped in factory matching black vinyl (will be for sale in about a month)

---chris

·
Registered
622 Posts
DEI 3065 6.75" comp set. had to cut the baffling out of the door panels and trim the edges of the speaker. very tight fit into the panel, but the magnet is small so there's plenty of clearance in back.

·
Premium Member
112 Posts
preludeGT said:
where do you get factory matched vinyl anyway?
Yes, does anyone know? i tried all the local fabric shops, the vunyl they carry dosen't strech.

I currently have CDT HD-62 comps.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I got mine at a local fabric shop in georgia, it doesn't stretch to well but if you heat it up it will stretch, I will have pictures of them soon and since i am glassing my doors the speakers pods will be up for sale---

chris

·
Tall-Scott
649 Posts
White98SH said:
DEI 3065 6.75" comp set. had to cut the baffling out of the door panels and trim the edges of the speaker. very tight fit into the panel, but the magnet is small so there's plenty of clearance in back.
Same.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I just put in a set of Alpine SPX-137A speakers. I had to cut the basket out and I used the spacer that came with the speakers.

They sound awesome!

·
Registered
1,702 Posts
infinity kappa's 60.5 6.5's. i had to cut the baffle out of the door and then some, i also cut the tabs off the speaker too so it can go into the door, and also they arent bolted down..ill get pics of it tomm

1 - 9 of 9 Posts