Honda Prelude Online banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys I'm a 5th gen owner but I had a question for you guys...My boy is lookin for a car and we ran into a 93 Vtec with 140K miles on it for $3000...I know it's a lotta miles but the interior and the body were in pretty good shape. I started the car up and it was runnin a little rough but nothing too bad. I was wondering what were some common problems with your generation that I should look for and check out for him before he buys it. Any help would be appreciated

Rob

·
Registered
4,600 Posts
Man, that's cheaper than you can pick up most old school Tegs for , and definately cheaper than most hatches w/ equivalent mileage...I'd go for it after checking compression, etc. My roommate has a 96 VTEC w/ 140k + miles on his engine, and it still pulls like there is NO tomorrow--and he's not the biggest at keeping on top of maintenance.

J

·
ANGER IS A GIFT!
4,481 Posts
Make sure the 90k mile service was completed. Replacing a T belt and water pump and valve adjustment can cost around 700 dollars. If it hasn't had the service it definitely has to be done.

·
Registered
960 Posts
Damn, thats a great price:D

I know that in FL cars go pretty cheap but in my area that would
go for $5500 easily!

Thats why I bought mine in Cali:bigthumb:

·
Registered
174 Posts
GET IT!!!!!

I have 250K miles on my 94 VTEC Lude.... still dynoed at 169 last year. Even if he spends another 1k to rebuild the engine... still no loss!!!

Ken

·
Registered
222 Posts
get it and drop a jdm h22 in there if the engine goes....and that will still be cheaper than most 4th gen vtecs are....

·
Registered
4,600 Posts
SURVEY SAYS--> GET THE CAR!! :bigthumb:

J

1 - 12 of 12 Posts