Honda Prelude Online banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok hear is a question that I am asking about laying out subs in my trunk. I've done installs of radios, amps and speakers for myself on my old cars along with some of my friends cars, but I am no pro and I'll admit that. But when I went to talk to my friend, who owns a car audio installation shop about the custom fitted sub housing for the back side portions in my trunk he told me it wasn't a good idea and I'll get crappy sound.

He said, that if you have the speakers both pointed inward either pointed directly at each other or at an angle towards the back seat, the sound waves would cancel each other out causing alot of distortion. He said I had to point one going into the back seat and one pointing into the corner of the car pointing towards the tail lights. Is this true? I have not seen or heard anything on here that suggests what he is saying is true?

·
Premium Member
3,739 Posts
I suppose its possible to get some cancellation, but not likely.

·
Premium Member
3,670 Posts
if u put the 2 cones right infront of each other u just wire one out of phase and it will do a push and pull type deal and it knocks too

1 - 3 of 3 Posts