Honda Prelude Online banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm about to change some stuff in my head cause no more compression in Cyl 1&2 =/ By opening up my head I also wanna put in some Bisimoto cams and grow my Portings for my headers. By doing the portings am I gonna lose some Torque or something?

·
Registered
388 Posts
^+1. Take your time and do a little research. Porting can be good but it can also kill you if you don't have the right setup.

Sent from my DROID X2

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
the most important thing about porting: DO NOT DO IT BY YOURSELF

let the professionals who knows what theyre doing handle it!

never ever dont port match IM to the head, or you have to leave some "level" there that the head has the bigger opening. it prevents air flowing back. at exhaust side this is even more imporant that you dont port the head to match the header

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well as i said, i'm about to only change my head gasket and by opening my head, i wanna put in some BISIMOTO level1 cams. and my friends told me that i could Port to match my headers, Good idea? I informed myself at a shop and they said its about 1400$ to do portings. But that would be all for modifications for now: Vibrant Headers - Skunk2 Cat-Back 2''½ - Bisimoto stage 1 Cams

·
Premium Member
330 Posts
don't waste your money on bisi cams....and get your head ported by someone who knows what they're doing.
And that doesn't mean your local muscle car machine shop....

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
don't waste your money on bisi cams....and get your head ported by someone who knows what they're doing.
And that doesn't mean your local muscle car machine shop....
That's the problem. Getting my head ported will cost me twice more than buying bisi cams.

·
Premium Member
330 Posts
That's the problem. Getting my head ported will cost me twice more than buying bisi cams.
so you want to just drop in bisi cams without upgrading valvetrain?

I sent my head to laskey racing.
They get all their port work done by portflow and all new valvetrain.
Cost was about $1600. Get a set of decent cams and you're good to go.
There's no point in a spending money on tiny gains from cams that are not much better then stock. Or spend the money on a good intake, header and exhaust. You will see better gains.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Well I own a Vibrant Headers, Getting a Skunk2 2''½ Cat-Back exhaust and I don't know which Intake I should get. Maybe Weapon R? I'll see later for the portings.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Just saved some money here. Bought a ported-polish head Exhaust & Intake never used since head was ported, Oversized S2 valves and S2 valvetrains. and other info's for 1000$. Head was ported by CC Cylinders in Cali. :bigthumb:

1 - 20 of 30 Posts