Honda Prelude Online banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I saw another thread on here about the trunk trigger, and instead of hijacking that thread...here we are.

99' TypeSH
Factory Alarm
Accord trunk release

I bought the trunk release thinking that the option button on my remote would pop it. When I tried to install it, I couldn't figure out how to hook it up, and was told you couldn't, so I just went on with life... But that thread made me think, well, maybe all is not lost. I can still have a super cool remote trunk release.

Or is it? Anyone want to make all my dreams come true, or who will shatter them?

·
Premium Member
463 Posts
you need a relay and the pin out from your alarm

there's more but that's about the extent of it. i hope someone can make both our dreams come true :)

·
Registered
268 Posts
you need a relay and the pin out from your alarm

there's more but that's about the extent of it. i hope someone can make both our dreams come true :)
Check the 5th gen FAQ. There's a write up there. I got the Accord trunk popper to work with my Clifford alarm :D

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
So I saw another thread on here about the trunk trigger, and instead of hijacking that thread...here we are.

99' TypeSH
Factory Alarm
Accord trunk release

I bought the trunk release thinking that the option button on my remote would pop it. When I tried to install it, I couldn't figure out how to hook it up, and was told you couldn't, so I just went on with life... But that thread made me think, well, maybe all is not lost. I can still have a super cool remote trunk release.

Or is it? Anyone want to make all my dreams come true, or who will shatter them?

all i need to know is if you have your alarm wiring diagram and the accord trunk release wiring diagram. i don't care about colors of wires but simply what charges they carry (ie 12v- or 12v+) and i can draw you a relay diagram of what you need to do. ;)

unless you want to look at that write-up. wherever it is . . .

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
Check the 5th gen FAQ. There's a write up there. I got the Accord trunk popper to work with my Clifford alarm :D
i've read that the popper needs a high current charge to pop it. where did you feed power to it from?

did you run a wire all the way from the battery, or did you just use the 12v line from the ignition, or did you splice into one of the larger bulbs in the tail lights?

·
herbivore
1,579 Posts
I'd run 12v from the ignition, but make sure it's fused wherever you pull it from. unfused wires are just asking for issues; I caught my car on fire because of making this mistake.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
all i need to know is if you have your alarm wiring diagram and the accord trunk release wiring diagram. i don't care about colors of wires but simply what charges they carry (ie 12v- or 12v+) and i can draw you a relay diagram of what you need to do. ;)
I don't have these diagrams. I did some searching, I need to check a couple of things first, most important, making sure I still have the accord relay that came with the popper.

Where is this write up? I checked the 5th gen FAQ earlier because I thought I heard someone say this as well. I couldn't find it in the table of contents of the 5th gen FAQ. Is there another FAQ I missed?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts