Honda Prelude Online banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone replaced their stock bushings with Polyurethane ones? If so what does it feel like? Was it worth it? Are they noisy?

I remember someone on this board saying that "getting a new set of headers was like taking a big booger out of your cars nose"

Analysis like that please! :)

------------------
SlntSam

2000 Base, Sebring Silver
Member - Toronto Prelude Club

·
Premium Member
3,936 Posts
1st Q to u is- is this for track or street?

If street, I HIGHLY recommend against it!!!
I've never seen a Lude w/these bushings, but I've ridden in a CRX and the ride was "bone-jarring" (there's ur description
)
The CRX's suspension was all decked out so the bushings really complemented it well, steering repsonse was almost instantenous!

But u will DEFINITELY hear more road noise and feel the bumps from the bushings!!

Plus it's a PITA and $$ to change out all ur bushings. hope that helps!

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
For the street. I know it costs alot of money to change them because there's so much labour involved so I probably won't do that.

But the "almost instantenous" steering response sounds pretty sweet!

------------------
SlntSam

2000 Base, Sebring Silver
Member - Toronto Prelude Club

·
Premium Member
3,936 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by SlntSam:
But the "almost instantenous" steering response sounds pretty sweet!

</font>
Yea, so is getting a sore back and a headache after riding in one of these puppies!

·
Registered
188 Posts
i just changed out my sway bar bushings, tell ya the truth the prelude full bushing kit isn't NEAR as large as some of the other ones. but i did change the sway bar bushings and they helped considerably, the front ones don't make any noise at all, the rears squeak a bit, but i think they need to be oiled anyways, definitely stays much more flat around the turns and steering response is tons better.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts