Honda Prelude Online banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
9,437 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
has anyone done that? do they help? i'm thinking of getting those + ST rear sway bar. i just found out that the SH's front sway bar is 24.2mm whereas the one for the base is 25.4. interesting.

------------------
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by jmcn:
I'm a cheap bastard. What else can I do?
</font>

·
Registered
9,437 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by DNA_Cyan:
hmm...having a thinner front swaybar will reduce the understeer effects of a car....so it makes sense that the one for the SH is slightly thinner........

am I making sense?
</font>
yes and no... in that case, why didn't they give the thinner one to the base instead, since it doesn't have ATTS and needs to rely more on the sway bars to reduce understeer??

·
Banned
2,048 Posts
Just because the SH is thinner, doesn't mean it isn't stiffer. Could be a different material, different design, etc.

The thinner bar may also complement the ATTS, and give people another reason to buy an SH over a base?

------------------
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by atlxchink:
When I try to picture o0OO0o as a moderator, the image of Beavis hacking away at the keyboard comes to mind </font>

·
Premium Member
13,632 Posts
I used some Prothane grease on my rear bar and so far I haven't heard anything abnormal. I got 2 tubes left Dillon. I can send you one if you want. Email me.

------------------
AOL IM: Joon525

[email protected]
Mugen front bumper and sides with a combat rear bumper for sale in NJ....talk to me personally. East coaster highly, HIGHLY preferred.

·
Registered
188 Posts
i've done the rear and i've got the bushings for the front sitting in my living room, i'll probably put them on tommorow, after that i'll tell you how they are. it was a big fiasco because the advertised front sway bar bushings for preludes is only a 22mm bushing, which obviously isn't big enough. so i had to order a set of 25mm bushings that will hopefully work. i'll tell you how it comes out.

·
Registered
9,437 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Joon525:
I used some Prothane grease on my rear bar and so far I haven't heard anything abnormal. I got 2 tubes left Dillon. I can send you one if you want. Email me.</font>
thanks!! i think i'm going to order the rear sway bar and the front bushings, so they should come with some grease right?

did anyone feel any different after putting the front bushings in?

and thanks a lot Merlin1xx1

------------------
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by jmcn:
I'm a cheap bastard. What else can I do?
</font>

·
Premium Member
13,632 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by o0OO0o:
i think i'm going to order the rear sway bar and the front bushings, so they should come with some grease right?

did anyone feel any different after putting the front bushings in?

and thanks a lot Merlin1xx1

</font>
The rear comes with grease and it may be more than enough to get the front and rear done.

------------------
AOL IM: Joon525

[email protected]
Mugen front bumper and sides with a combat rear bumper for sale in NJ....talk to me personally. East coaster highly, HIGHLY preferred. Also now for sale Tanabe G Power Medalion for 280 and 18" Racing Hart TypeC5's (Price not decided yet)

·
Registered
414 Posts
I highly recommend buying the Energy Suspension bushings with the greasable fittings for the front and the back. When I put my Neuspeed rear bar on, the bushings would start to squeak every couple of weeks so I went ahead and replaced them with the same ones I had on the front. To mount them on the front, you will have to bent the bracket a little bit, but otherwise the front and back fit perfectly.

They cost about $13 per pair thru Summit Racing. Just let them know the spacing between the mounting holes, and the size of the sway bar. These will make your life soooo much easier.

------------------

·
PO.com veteran
3,124 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by DNA_Cyan:
...but squeak like crazy if they are not kept lubricated well.</font>
Like women then

------------------
93 VTEC 4WS & TC (JDM)
"and on the seventh day, God created VTEC"

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.