Honda Prelude Online banner

what car i am driving now, or want to go to.

• g35

Votes: 10 13.3%
  • S2k

Votes: 11 14.7%
  • 350z

Votes: 4 5.3%
  • BMW

Votes: 12 16.0%
  • Benz

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • another HONDA/Acura

Votes: 11 14.7%
  • i am cheap and broke so i got another beater

Votes: 5 6.7%
  • something else.

Votes: 22 29.3%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
PO.Com's E-Pimpologist
3,352 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well i was told to make a stupid Poll so it now time to do it.

if you have already move on and gone to somethine else list it. or add to the poll.

·
There's only one....
2,973 Posts
the new Civic Si looks appealing.. but i might end up settling for a tC...

nobody here has a tC yet huh?

·
PO.Com's E-Pimpologist
3,352 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
^^ freaking brian, you disappear on us, and looking at your picture, you lude looks freaking HOT.

i am at the mercy of my parents. like i mentino my dad is sorta in a mid life crisses, sooooooooooooooooooo what every he gets would be nice. my mom has been looking at covertible sooooooo the s2k came up in a converation, and my dad was looking at 350z last weekend ... bleh

·
IM LOVIN IT!!!
2,339 Posts
right bout now i should be pimpin a s2k but i decided to skip that.. drive my lude/vw for another 3/4 yrs then get me a TL as a beater n 911 as a summer/weekend car.. Z,s2k,g35,sti,evo, are over rated & i want to rise above all...

·
Premium Member
896 Posts
I traded my Prelude for an S2K, and got a 95 Accord for a daily driver shortly thereafter. I guess I'm glad I did it. :shrug: In a way, I wish I would've just kept the Prelude... I'd have a lot more cash lying around right now. (Either that, or I would be driving a Porsche... which was the original plan).

Honestly... if your Prelude isn't giving you any problems, don't buy anything yet... just take that cash and put it into a "new car fund"... a savings account or something. Once you have enough to pay cash for whatever car you want, then just pull it out of savings, so you don't have to pay interest. Besides, by the time you have enough saved up, you may have re-prioritized your life and may be looking for a new house, or other investments, or something.

Nice cars are neat, but I think I'm getting old enough to realize that there are better things to spend money on if you've got a limited budget, like most people.

·
IM LOVIN IT!!!
2,339 Posts
^^^ very well said...thats y im so glad i dont have any car payments for both my car.. even tho the prelude is turbo charged n got so much work on it...i've learn to fix alot of things on my own so is not costin alot just alot of time n TLC it needs...

·
Zoom-Zoomin
1,461 Posts
2k5spd said:
Nice cars are neat, but I think I'm getting old enough to realize that there are better things to spend money on if you've got a limited budget, like most people.
I must be getting old too. :p But really I think the reality of the money it costs to own a nice car, modify the hell out of it the way I like, and also have you own apartment plus repaying student loans was more then I thought it would be. I never really sat down and figured it all out until after the fact. I guess I had to learn the hard way.

So since I do want to land my self a house in the near future I, my current plan is to buy two cars after the Prelude. One "beater" for commuting and bad weather, maybe a Civic coupe or a Hyundai Accent (cheap insurance and huge gas milage), and a "project" car that will satisfy my speed addiction. The project car needs to be a competitive autocrossing car so I am leaning towards a Miata for STS2, or a Civic coupe or bubble that will be STS until I throw a K20 or K24 in it and make it a SM monster. :)

·
Machinezellet
432 Posts
I voted BMW since that's what I've got now, but I often wish that I still had my Prelude. It was a great car and it'd be paid off by now. Aside from that, I'd rather have a G35 or an S2000, but they're too expensive.

·
Texas
734 Posts
I've got the BMW now, so thats what I voted, but I've got an IS Hybrid on order (unknown release date) b/c thats what I originally wanted but it wasn't available when I wanted to replace the Prelude.

Now to answer the question thats implied, no I don't wish I had a G35. Those of you that have read my previous threads on that car, though, aren't surprised. It just doesn't work for me. And I refuse to buy another Nissan product.

·
I'm white
10,561 Posts
TruNinja619 said:
the new Civic Si looks appealing.. but i might end up settling for a tC...

nobody here has a tC yet huh?
my friend has one too...........its a nice car for the money.....but with specs comparable to my old h23 which is 12 years old......

if i was in a new position to buy a car i would prolly buy the new SI.........marginal more price than Tc to drive a fun fwd car

1 - 20 of 41 Posts