Honda Prelude Online banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
With all the HID discussion all over the net, I figured I'd share a halogen alternative.

After looking at several options for a few days, I chose Polarg bulbs hilariously named "Luxy White 5000K Shinning Wizards." I figured while I was at it, I should change the parking bulbs to match the headlights and I opted for Polarg LED (J55) bulbs. I'm still not sure they were the best choices, they were more something I went with after oversaturating myself with information :laugh:

I especially wanted to share pictures since it's rare to see the actual bulbs in these discussions (this was a great comparison post I thought HEADLIGHT BULBS: Comparisons / buyers guide - Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum). If anything, most pictures are the manufacturers' pictures which I doubt are realistic.

I'm pretty pleased with the results so far. I'd like to see them at night since that's, of course, what matters :) I can give updates in the coming weeks/months about lifespan, too.

Here's a quick video of the bulbs before and after if you'd like to see them in action

Attachments

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
Aaaaaaaaaand the Polargs went out fairly quickly. Go figure. So I went the retrofit route and have been very happy with the results. I bought my kit from theretrofitsource.com (whose customer service was fantastic).

I specifically installed TSX reflectors, TSX-R lenses, 35w Denso ballasts, 6000k Morimoto bulbs, covered by modified E46-R shrouds. The whole project was fun with the exception of aiming, which was tricky (I did the whole thing over because I wasn't satisfied with my aiming).

I'm able to see a lot better at night, now, and reflective signs and roadmarkers seem to pop-out more. The LED is now "yellow" in comparison, though :laugh:

Attachments

1 - 2 of 2 Posts