Honda Prelude Online banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
*yawn*
13,632 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
OK another question........when we're at the Pocono's are we all on the track at the same time???

Also does anyone have a map of the track?

[This message has been edited by Joon525 (edited April 10, 2001).]

·
Registered
6,314 Posts
http://www.poconoraceway.com/generalinfo.html

See that triangle at the top? That's the track...from what I remember it's slightly banked and the start line is one the short side just past the pinaccle of the triangle. As for being on the track together I'd assume that we go out spaced from each other in classes almost. i.e. slow POS like ours for a while, then more serious track cars, then race only types, and back to us etc... I could be way off there but I remember reading a few things from GrassRootsMotorsports.com on track events. Maybe Mazen has some more details?

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
ray, the track is broken up into sections. there are parts in the middle of the course which turn into a road course.

·
Registered
1,714 Posts
I saw a map somewhere else (can't remember where, sorry, maybe Nascar's site) that showed 2 curvey infield sections, so they can do more than just Nascar type tracks.

Is everyone planning on getting there Fri. night? If so, is there a hotel everyone is going to?

I still got to get a helmet!

·
Registered
412 Posts
actually we will all be on the track at the same time.

and the map you posted is of the complet track. the track is acually devided into 3 courses and we will be running the south course.

·
*yawn*
13,632 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by g5luder:
actually we will all be on the track at the same time.</font>
Oh man......now I'm nervous. Do we get a short class or anything with instructors? Cookies and milk???

------------------
AOL IM: Joon525

[email protected]

[This message has been edited by Joon525 (edited April 10, 2001).]

·
Registered
1,714 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by g5luder:
actually we will all be on the track at the same time.

</font>
Hopefully well staggered, everyone should stay away from me as with my luck I'll be the first to go off!!
I'm worried about my brakes now too.

·
Registered
412 Posts
yes we will get schooled before the track session as most of us are novices

------------------
for sale:18" giovviona kuji rims w/toyo t1-s 215-35-18

·
Registered
6,314 Posts
Very cool!!! I really thought it was going to be the typical NASCAR track and that would've been fine with me. My friend said he had saw some races there on a different course but I never had. I can't wait....

·
Registered
6,314 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Joon525:
I want to run dead last so no one is behind me please.

(jmcn: check your email)

</font>
Oh don't worry you'll be slow enough to be last no matter where you start!

I wanna be in front of whoever has a camera in their car so you can watch me almost bite it over and over again ..... yeee haaaa

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
mazen,
what happens if there is a rain date. could i sign up to go on that day if it's rained otu.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts