Honda Prelude Online banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i just bought a new dis. cap and rotor. i purchased the oem replacement from honda. i want to get the ngk platnium plugs. but as for wires i dont know wich ones to choose. and suggestions?

thanks
tim

------------------
86 Honda Accord LXi (sold)
94 Honda Prelude Vtec
Sony CDX-M650
4 6.5 Xplod Speakers
Xplod 100x2 amp
1 10 Xplod ES
Viper 300+
Clear Corners
Clear Signals
Clear Sides
Red Clear Tails
Aerospeed Bomb Custom Catback
Cheap Custom Intake
Weapon R Dual Spring Coilovers
Powerstop Cross Drilled Rotors all around
16 in. Primax 104 w/
205/45/16 Toyo Proxes
http://hometown.aol.com/hondapreludevt94/

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
ok thats enough suggestions, thanks

·
used to sell mix tapes
5,446 Posts
i've heard good things about magnecor.

·
Premium Member
4,863 Posts
Accel 300+.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Neuspeed has loow resistance and good fit,
NGK is same in my opinion as stock(fit and quality),MSD has looow resistance but you need to crimp one end of wire yourself ?! WTF also it's got terrible fit(in the box I received, there were 2 wires with same length thus one wire was too short! and some wires did not snap into spark plug), Magnecore had nice fit with lower resistance than stock but more resistance than Neuspeed or MSD.

all after market wires except NGK and maybe
MSD had wires comming strait out from coil,
which makes the wire rub on top of hood.
the stock ones are angled so it does not touch the hood.I figured the manufactures did this so that the same wires fit from 93 to 01 vtec's so they can save money...

of the one's mentioned I'd prefere NGK cus it's the cheapest and fit and performance is stock like. By experience I did not notice ANY performance increase with other lower resistance wires but if you want to spend money get Neuspeed.
If you want to know, I have Magnecore right now, not by choice but by convenience. after some shopping around, you'll find out how much the sales person know about Prelude vtec and how bad the manufactures can **** up on making spark plug wires.

if you're cheap, you'd get Prelude si's wire on sale and cut completely around the top of the rubber boot on the spark plug side , raise the boot about 1/2 inch, puch down the wire until you hear a "click" and use silicone sealant to glue the boot back.
si's wire is just a little too short to go down the head and mate with the spark plug.
good luck...

·
Premium Member
4,863 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by 98SHDiamond:
Magnecor...anything else is waste of money.</font>
Huh???

I have heard Magnecores are good, but I have used the Accel 300+ wires and noticed a significant increase in torque and power, smoothly across the rpm range.

I don't think I would make that comment unless I had personally tested every brand made. I am sure there are a lot of good ones out there.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
thanks alot, im gonna go buy some wires, ill decide on the way there!

thanks again
tim

·
Registered
924 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by VeeTec:
Huh???

I have heard Magnecores are good, but I have used the Accel 300+ wires and noticed a significant increase in torque and power, smoothly across the rpm range.

</font>
your kidding me. you have noticed a "significant" increase in torque and power.

it is in your head. wires don't do anything noticeable unless your engine is seriously modded.

------------------
[email protected]
aim - nookish
icq - 45146259

------------------
my car
1990 Integra RS

1 - 11 of 11 Posts