Honda Prelude Online banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If anyone knows of a Web Tutorial to install the AEM Pulley set for 5th gen lude please lemme know. Im going to get them installed tommorow and need one. thanks tons!

-kevin

[This message has been edited by zentron (edited April 19, 2001).]

·
Registered
6,314 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by zentron:
If anyone knows of a Web Tutorial to install the AEM Pulley set for 5th gen lude please lemme know. Im going to get them installed tommorow and need one. thanks tons!

-kevin

[This message has been edited by zentron (edited April 19, 2001).]
</font>
Ok first off if someone else is installing them I'd sure hope your taking them to someone that knows how to do this...it's not hard. Second if your going to do this yourself...do yourself a favor and take my prior advice and go get a Helm so you don't screw anything up. It's very easy except you'll need someone with airtools to remove the nut on the altenator.

G

·
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by THATPRELUDEGUY:
Ok first off if someone else is installing them I'd sure hope your taking them to someone that knows how to do this...it's not hard. Second if your going to do this yourself...do yourself a favor and take my prior advice and go get a Helm so you don't screw anything up. It's very easy except you'll need someone with airtools to remove the nut on the altenator.</font>
I agree, except for one little tiny part. If you get an offset wrench (I used a 7/8" offset because they didn't have a big enough metric one) for the alternator pulley, you can use a 1/2 drive breaker bar with a 10mm socket to get the alternator pulley off. You have to remove the alternator first, though (make sure you disconnect the battery!).

If you're having it installed, what do you need a tutorial for? There aren't any special procedures to use those things!

------------------
Billy
North Texas Prelude Owners Group
www.ntpog.org

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
some good info their, if anyone wants to add any more fyi's or a quick bullet point lists for the steps for me to follow that would be great. thanks

·
Registered
2,053 Posts
The instructions that came with my set were for an Integra, but they were good enough to get me going. Combined with the Helms manual everything was documented pretty well. The problem is having the right tools, and if you're having someone else do it for you, that problem is solved, I assume.

·
Registered
319 Posts
I did the install myself..... I did not have a helm, did not need one, it is pretty straight forward. But I also did need AIR to get the ALT pulley off!!!!!!

G

·
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by LUDED1:
I did the install myself..... I did not have a helm, did not need one, it is pretty straight forward. But I also did need AIR to get the ALT pulley off!!!!!! </font>
Why did you guys need air tools? I was able to get the pulley off with hand tools!

------------------
Billy
North Texas Prelude Owners Group
www.ntpog.org

·
another SS->5spd!
1,373 Posts
Only the crank pulley needs to be taken out with air tools when i installed the URs.

ALT and PS pulley can be turned with hand tools without too much effort.

·
Registered
800 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by 71dsp:
Why did you guys need air tools? I was able to get the pulley off with hand tools!
</font>
I don't think most of us have offset wrenches. I tried to get one from Sears but they were out of stock. So I took my alt to honda and they took of the old pulley and put the AEM one on for free.

Gabe

------------------
97 Prelude
see it here:Hondaprelude.com

1 - 9 of 9 Posts