Honda Prelude Online banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
It's hard to tell from the pics, but is it flush with the rest of the body, at the rear windscreen? If so, it might be an issue of the lock striker being mis-aligned which is pushing up the whole rear.

If you can't return this, and what's mentioned above IS the case, you could cut the lock striker off and fiberglass it back on (it'll be on the inside so no one will see it...you could even use carbonfiber, but it'll cost a bit more.)

Otherwise, if the whole trunk is warped, you'll have to cut the skin off of the frame of the trunk lid (assuming there is a frame), jig up the skin (which may require a mold of the OEM trunk surface to get it perfect) and then rebond the skin with the frame, when it's been tweaked. This will take some work.

I've done some composite work, so I hate to say it, but something like that is VERY difficult to fix, and a shop would just make a new one rather than try.

Take some more pics of the inside and I'll see if I can't think of something :)

·
Registered
168 Posts
Looks like you just need to adjust the latch. This can be done from inside the trunk area with the lid closed to find out exactly where it needs to be positioned. If necessary you might have to grind off some of the lock striker.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
oh thanks but is it true that i have to remove the tension bar in the trunk? i heard i had to and i heard i didnt? will it make a differences?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts