Honda Prelude Online banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No they cannot because they tried they try to reprogram a whole card and reprogram a key to it didn't work so I have to bypass the ignition which I know is possible I just need somebody that knows what they're doing to try to explain to me how to do it because it's not the same as an automatic I'm guessing due to the clutch so if you don't have an answer on how I can do it I mean common Sense tells you to try to get a key made first anyways anybody else that has some information that's useful please let me know

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
No they cannot because they tried they try to reprogram a whole card and reprogram a key to it didn't work so I have to bypass the ignition which I know is possible I just need somebody that knows what they're doing to try to explain to me how to do it because it's not the same as an automatic I'm guessing due to the clutch so if you don't have an answer on how I can do it I mean common Sense tells you to try to get a key made first anyways anybody else that has some information that's useful please let me know
Yikes. Calm down there. You only mention losing your key... you didn’t mention already trying to get a new key from the dealer, so that WOULD be the logical FIRST answer ANYONE should give.

If I can find them, I might have the entire ignition, security module, ecu, door locks, trunk lock, seat lock, etc. from one of the ludes I parted out years ago that you might need to re-key your car, but unless someone already butchered your system, a reputable Honda dealership SHOULD be able to reprogram everything for a new key.
If I remember correctly, bypassing any off the security modules will not allow the ECU to operate.

·
Registered
6 Posts
No they cannot because they tried they try to reprogram a whole card and reprogram a key to it didn't work so I have to bypass the ignition***

Your answer is here:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts