Honda Prelude Online banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Plastic Splash Gaurd Under the Engine.

Today i was reversing out of a buddys driveway when the "Plastic Splash Gaurd" (Don'know its real name) under the engine was pulled foward and cracked in half.

To the point-

*Should I be worried about further damage it could create?
*If I take it off fully is there a good chance for damage?
*Whats the price of a new one of these? Worth paying for?

Thanks
~Blair.

·
Registered
26 Posts
To be honest, not entirely sure of its neccesity.
Recently, I was driving in the snow out in Vancouver, and one of the inside roads the snow in the middle was a little too high. It scraped the underside of my car and knocked off the plastic cover.

I just jacked up the car screwed it back in place with the original bolts used, though it is still slightly broken. It does its job, but not sure how neccessary it would be :S

·
I'm white
10,561 Posts
I didn't have mine on for years.

It is good in that it helps small debris from coming up into the engine bay. My engine was always cleaner when I had it in.

If you can repair it (even with duct tape), that would be good. No one see's it anyways.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yea.. The Vancouver snow killed me too. Uhm its beyond repair i think, I was reversing and it ripped back and cracked it two at same time.

Preferably I'd like to get a new one, for the reason of just keeping it cleaner right, Any one have the real name for one of these stupid things or are they just not sold any where any more lol.

Thanks in advance =D

·
Registered
127 Posts
I would also like to know where to get this... Mine is still fine but a slight crack and scraped a lot so would like to replace it with a nice new one. :D

·
Registered
15 Posts
I'm sure you can order them from any honda dealership or look around on Craigslist and look for used Preludes that may have them and ask if the owner is willing to part.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts