Honda Prelude Online banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I noticed a lot of you peeps in here are from so. cal. I was just wondering if any of you know of a good shop around here that does spring installs. I have my springs and shocks sitting in my living room right now and I kinda want to get them installed. I don't really know of any shops tho and I don't want to just go to any shop because I don't trust alot of them. I live in Irvine/Cerritos, but am willing to go pretty much anywhere within like 40 miles if they do a good job.

Mucho gracias

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You know what, hehe, acually I got everything. I got the spring compressor, jacks, sockets. All i need is a torque wrench. I was orginally going to do this install with my roomate whose done this many times before, but I don't really wanna bug him right now cuz he is busy with school and work and I am too. But I guess if it comes down to that, I will just ask.

·
Premium Member
4,530 Posts
should only take you an hour, maybe two.

you do one side of the car, have your friend do the other side

thats what friends are for.....and sh*t.

·
THE LONELY MONK
6,005 Posts
As long as your friend and you know what you're doing..it's better to do it yourself. I got my springs installed at a shop called "Premier" in La Habra..They did a good job..i watched the whole time also.

--Sam

------------------

With Great Powers Come Great Responsibilities--Never Underestimate the Power of the VTEC

·
Registered
2,136 Posts
there is a mechanic right down the street (on Cabot Road in Laguna Hills) from me who i think is real good and he installed my yellows/pro-kits. We goto him for pretty much everything for our Hondas. He specializes in Honda/Acura/Volvo and drives a NSX himself..

i can't think of the damn name tho.. its a small place.. hm.. ill remember in a second and repost, sorry :p

·
Registered
775 Posts
these are in the san gabriel valley...
- www.sprewellracing.com at san gabriel blvd and mission.
- innovative motorsports close to valley and san gabriel blvd.

i paid about $80 bucks to do it at either place. i trust sprewell more since the guy in the back seems to do it confidently and he does all the euro cars that come in. innovative will jsut get it done.

if you do do it yourself, a torque wrench is pretty cheap at around $20.

·
THE LONELY MONK
6,005 Posts
One more thing..it cost me 60 buck..

--Sam

1 - 8 of 8 Posts