Honda Prelude Online banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, just thought I'd let you know that the Pioneer TS-G1644R speakers are a direct drop in to the front doors on the 5th Gen Prelude. I didn't have to cut the basket or make any other modifications. They certainly aren't the sexiest or greatest speakers around but for replacing the shot paper speakers they are great, especially for about $35 for the pair.

Hope this helps,

Pakalolo

·
Registered
17 Posts
Hi everyone, just thought I'd let you know that the Pioneer TS-G1644R speakers are a direct drop in to the front doors on the 5th Gen Prelude. I didn't have to cut the basket or make any other modifications. They certainly aren't the sexiest or greatest speakers around but for replacing the shot paper speakers they are great, especially for about $35 for the pair.

Hope this helps,

Pakalolo
Hello,

I just got these speakers in the mail the other day and tried to install onto my Prelude but was confused as to how to make it connect to the stock adapter? The stock speakers had the adapter piece to connect to the harness and looked molded.

Can you advise what do I need to do at this point to simply get this installed correctly?

Thanks!

·
Registered
11 Posts
I completely agree with that...Pioneer are really the best when it comes to manufacture quality music systems. they even beat Sony in terms of music quality and the curability..the speakers are equally wonderful.i just love'em

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Hello,

I just got these speakers in the mail the other day and tried to install onto my Prelude but was confused as to how to make it connect to the stock adapter? The stock speakers had the adapter piece to connect to the harness and looked molded.

Can you advise what do I need to do at this point to simply get this installed correctly?

Thanks!
Four ways that I know of:

1. I see people do this all the time... it works for a little while, but is wrong. They shove the exposed wires into the clips of the stock plug. This will likely either come loose, or cause connection problems in the long run.

2. You can attach your own "pin blades" to the wiring of the speakers that fit into the stock plug.

3. If you want to keep the stock plug for future use, you can buy splice clips which will retain the existing wires.

4. Cut and splice. Just keep the stock plug in case you ever want to splice it back in.

Not sure if Honda makes a connector that will allow you to plug aftermarket speakers to the stock plugs... I haven't seen one.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Four ways that I know of:

1. I see people do this all the time... it works for a little while, but is wrong. They shove the exposed wires into the clips of the stock plug. This will likely either come loose, or cause connection problems in the long run.

2. You can attach your own "pin blades" to the wiring of the speakers that fit into the stock plug.

3. If you want to keep the stock plug for future use, you can buy splice clips which will retain the existing wires.

4. Cut and splice. Just keep the stock plug in case you ever want to splice it back in.

Not sure if Honda makes a connector that will allow you to plug aftermarket speakers to the stock plugs... I haven't seen one.
Appreciate the feedback! I actually found a speaker harness online at Amazon that connects the stock harness to this. Should be a simple plug and play as the harness is arriving in the mail today. I'll keep everyone updated once I get a chance to do this.

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Appreciate the feedback! I actually found a speaker harness online at Amazon that connects the stock harness to this. Should be a simple plug and play as the harness is arriving in the mail today. I'll keep everyone updated once I get a chance to do this.
That is great. When you get it, if it works, post the part number and price on here. I wouldn't mind buying one of those myself. I like keeping everything stock (or easily made BACK to stock), so that would work well.

·
00' FGP
60 Posts

Hope this helps,

Pakalolo
Thumbs up to you my man, these are perfect. No need for an extra amp in our ludes as long as u have a good, solid HU.

I have an Avic f90bt, these speakers in the front and the stock speakers in the back. It's the best my lude has sounded and I mean it. I'm not sure if the acoustic feedback system is still working but my rears still have that deep thump to them.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts