Honda Prelude Online banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
alright, i'm tired of these damn things, they just dont look right. I've tried that blowdryer and razorblade **** and the little bastards dont come off. any suggestions?? oh its a 93 black lude

·
Registered
830 Posts
no, its not paintes on, its a sticker. My car is a 97, and I took my pinstripe off. All I had to do was take a razer blade to the edge of it and then peel it right off, it left a little adhesive and ghost lines, but I buffed them out and it looks so much better,

·
Registered
87 Posts
Just peel them right off. I bought a 93 Si and it had teal pinstripes up top and huge nasty black stripes near the base. I just pulled them right off, it did nothing to the paint, I'll post some pics for you.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Use 3M adhesive remover. It is a black rectangular can that can remove trim and emblem gunk really good. This will work with little effort

·
Premium Member
7,514 Posts
I just used a hair dryer to get it hot and it peels right off. Or if its a really hot day it will peel off easy. Then get something like goof off to get all the adhesive off.

------------------
If you only knew the power of the Lude...
'98 Red Base Prelude
"Straights are for fast cars. Turns are for fast drivers." - SCCA Solo2
AEM CAI, APEX-i VAFC, Neuspeed Ft Up Strut Bar, 28 mm Neuspeed RR Sway Bar, Neuspeed Sport Springs, Koni Yellows, and SH RR Deck installed. Shock knock cure done. Installing Quaife ATB Differential.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Best and safest think to get them off is get a cheap plastic mechanical pensil and start pushing on the begining of the pin stripe till you can grab it than start pealing it off slowly. This will take some time and some patience but it will look great...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts