Honda Prelude Online banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have or know where there is a picture or two of replica JDM headlights on a prelude? Im just curious if they fit correctly and how they look.

I ask because I have replica jdm black housing headlights sitting in my garage and was wondering if its a complete waste of time to put them on.

I have been fishing around forums and other sites looking for pictures but cant seem to find any.

Thanks.

·
The Collector
2,721 Posts
there are like million replica JDM headlights. Which ones do you need the pics of? All of them are fake and they are fakely labeled as JDM.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
they are from k2motors.com

They say Spring instead of STANLEY.

I fell for the jdm lie before I discovered how useful Prelude forums acually are.

oops.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i would but the abusive owner who owned the car before me bottomed the front end out bad and damaged the frame and i have been gathering together a new front end before i get some frame work done.

my frame guy told me to get all the pieces and have them ready to be put on before he does the work. and this is why i need to know if these headlights will work or not.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i am 100% aware they are fake. im not asking that. i am asking if the specific set of replicas i have fit right and look good. i have to have headlights that work and fit for when i get my frame fixed.

·
Pimp Member
3,949 Posts
I remember someone posted some pics up, but don't recall if it was this site or preludepower. The fitment was a tad off

·
The Collector
2,721 Posts
/\ +1

I have seen some riced out ludes and I noticed that most fake headlights usually are never a perfect fit. Most of the time they look bad. Also to a trained eye, anything like that will look like crap.

Also, fake HL's leak, crack and chip, fade, and get messed up within months.

Go back to the OEM HL's or save up and get EDM or JDM specs.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
okay now i know that they will work. temporary solution to my problem. while these pos lamps are on i can save and pick up some, like you said, genuine jdm or edm. i was kind of leaning toward edm now because of that thread you started. i like the idea of having glass lamps over plastic. plus less people have edm :)

·
Registered
66 Posts
The fake JDM headlights have no lines through the lenses, that's the obvious, but they use the OEM bulbs 9003 and 9004 which actually has better light output than JDM or Euro spec headlights which use H1's and H4's.

The fakes are plug and play and from the ones I've seen on other 4th gens, they fit fine, but look like they're missing something (the three lines). The JDM and Euro spec require splicing or the plug and play harness.

The only thing you should be concerned about if you decide to go with the fake JDM headlights (which I don't recommend) is the seal which usually causes condensation in the headlights.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
the reflective bowl is completely different too. i have a feeling i won't get as much light output. im contemplating attempting to re sell them and getting genuine stanley headlamps. just put my front end work on hold for now.

·
Registered
66 Posts
You can get any of your two piece glass headlights from here:

Any of the European countries should have the headlights for sale. You can usually get the pair for under 200 USD shipped. Some of them use different terms, "near side, far side" headlamps, etc.

eBay - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

If you really want to get good light output, the only way is to go with a retrofit.

Your best bet too if you want Stanley headlamps are to get them from a European country that is LHD only because the ones that are RHD have the lamps aimed more towards the left as opposed to the right in the US. That is why on coming traffic gets blinded by JDM headlights. They're concave and aimed towards the other side of the road for visibility.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
i just remembered i already have an xenon hid conversion kit for my 9006 bulb fitment. definately taught myself to do research before impulse buying haha.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
i posted this to discuss and to learn more about genuine and replica headlamps not to discuss the color temp of my bulbs.

·
Registered
66 Posts
i posted this to discuss and to learn more about genuine and replica headlamps not to discuss the color temp of my bulbs.
Did I not help you? You're the one who just said you have a conversion kit. What does that have to do with genuine vs replica?

I vote you put them on and try them out.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
i just pointed out that getting edm or jdm would be a big hassle due to the 9006 hid conversion kit. but ya when i get around to getting the lights on ill post pics.

thanks for the help everyone. you answered a ton of questions i had.

·
The Collector
2,721 Posts
i just pointed out that getting edm or jdm would be a big hassle due to the 9006 hid conversion kit. but ya when i get around to getting the lights on ill post pics.

no problem. You can also always go back to USDM Stanley's. They are cheaper than EDM's or JDM's. They look nice too! They are also way better that ANY aftermarket fake headlights. :)

·
Vroooom
633 Posts

its actually simple as hell... just buy the harness from passwordjdm.com for $40... plug and play.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts