Honda Prelude Online banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
I never used their awful harness or switch since I already had that pre-existing from the V1 replicas. So thanks for chiming in.

I wouldn't stretch the opinion onto the fogs though. Everything else may be crap but the fogs are very good quality for the price.

·
Registered
172 Posts
I never used their awful harness or switch since I already had that pre-existing from the V1 replicas. So thanks for chiming in.

I wouldn't stretch the opinion onto the fogs though. Everything else may be crap but the fogs are very good quality for the price.
They are. Cheaper than JDM fogs for sure. If I ever were to buy this kit again it would be just for the fog lights.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I bought kit and the harness is just rediculous. I managed to set everything up, but then the relay blew and so did the switch. The switch case rattles because it's not a great fit. To anyone buying this kit I would recommend buying the kit, taking the fog housings out of the box and throwing everything else away. Then get online and order OEM harness', relays, switch case and switch. This kit has shoddy craftmansship. Can't beat OEM quality.
Where would I find the OEM harness, relay, switch and case online? I can't find anything on ebay (might not know what to search for) and don't know where else to look for such a thing. Thanks

·
Premium Member
242 Posts

+1. Considering used JDM fogs without the harness, and switch are being offered on eBay for $120.00 and up without the option to "buy it now", these brand new ones are a steal. Even with buying the parts to hook them up right, they are still a bit cheaper than the USDM fogs, and miles cheaper than the real JDMs

BTW: I loved the reaction to the bubblewrap envelopes. Though with one pinch you get twice the poppage.

Where would I find the OEM harness, relay, switch and case online? I can't find anything on ebay (might not know what to search for) and don't know where else to look for such a thing. Thanks
Majestic Honda has the USDM switch and assorted items, which actually looks pretty sharp with the JDM fogs.

Part number - Item - Price
08V31-S30-1M009 Fog light switch: $15.21
08V31-S30-100R2 Switch holder $ 5.07
08V31-S30-100R3 Switch blank $ 1.45

I'm not sure about the USDM interior harness, I can't seem to find a part number for that, but I do know you can buy the JDM interior harness online and with a quick modification to the plug it will work with the USDM switch.

·
Registered
6 Posts
+1. Considering used JDM fogs without the harness, and switch are being offered on eBay for $120.00 and up without the option to "buy it now", these brand new ones are a steal. Even with buying the parts to hook them up right, they are still a bit cheaper than the USDM fogs, and miles cheaper than the real JDMs

BTW: I loved the reaction to the bubblewrap envelopes. Though with one pinch you get twice the poppage.

Majestic Honda has the USDM switch and assorted items, which actually looks pretty sharp with the JDM fogs.

Part number - Item - Price
08V31-S30-1M009 Fog light switch: $15.21
08V31-S30-100R2 Switch holder $ 5.07
08V31-S30-100R3 Switch blank $ 1.45

I'm not sure about the USDM interior harness, I can't seem to find a part number for that, but I do know you can buy the JDM interior harness online and with a quick modification to the plug it will work with the USDM switch.
Those part numbers helped out a lot. Thanks!

·
Registered
107 Posts
has anyone actually used the usdm fog light button/panel with these replicas? I'm thinking of going that route since the oem button looks nicer
I am looking for one now (oem switch panel w/ fog switch), I have the same kit as the post but smoked, it would hook up just the same.

21 - 30 of 30 Posts