Honda Prelude Online banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got tired of everything rattling with my MTX 12" sub. All the dynamat was bought from circuit city. Used original on the bottom, premium on the sides, and super dynamat on the top. Also did the rear deck, the side walls of the back seat, and behind the license plate. No more rattling.
-Adrian
http://albums.photopoint.com/j/ViewPhoto?u=1579351&a=12015089&p=45865646&f=0

http://albums.photopoint.com/j/ViewPhoto?u=1579351&a=12015089&p=45865643&f=0

http://albums.photopoint.com/j/ViewPhoto?u=1579351&a=12015089&p=45865639&f=0

------------------

Adrian's Webpage CANCUN PICS ARE UP

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
wow is that it? thats the dynomat stuff? i thought it was alot thicker and foamier. how can a thin sheet like that add up to about 100 lbs?

------------------

Crystal Blue 99' SS Lude (born on 7/1/99)~when i got it
CURENT MODS:
-AEM CAI (silver)-DC Sports CC 4-2-1 Headers
-Tanabe Racing Medalion -Apexi V-AFC -autometer A/F gauge -autometer EGT gauge -zex kit w/ plugs running 55 shots -NOS purge kit
HAVE AND INSTALLING SOON:
-UR pulleys set SS

screen name: CBFORMULA

·
Registered
273 Posts
That stuff's made of an asphalt like stuff. Its really heavy even by the square foot. The density is what makes it soundproof.

------------------
'99 Milano Red Prelude 5spd (In Atlanta)

'90 Accord EX 4 door (In Ithaca w/ me)

AP-Signworks.com
ABSOLUTE POWER

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
100lbs? No way. I looked it up and it's the Dynamat Trunk Kit $75 (#DY19105) and the shipping weight is 15 lbs, so without the weight of the box they send it in, it'll be about 10-12lbs. Worth it, since it quiets the vibration and even the exhaust noise alittle.
-Adrian

------------------

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by AustinTXrules:
Here's the link to order it. 20 sq. ft of it and if you click on "add to basket" it'll show you the weight is 15 lbs. Again, mine was bought at circuit city.
-Adrian

http://www.audio-n-more.com/Dynamat/dynamat_kits.htm

</font>
sweet! so u can get this stuff at circuit city? ill rather go get it locally then having to wait for online buying. also, how can that stuff be asphalt thick? the pics look like the stuff is as thin as paper... i may be wrong here since ive never seen stuff like this before.

------------------

CURENT MODS:
-Tanabe Racing Medalion -Apexi V-AFC -autometer A/F gauge -autometer EGT gauge -zex kit w/ plugs running 55 shots -NOS purge kit
-UR pulleys set SS

·
Premium Member
13,632 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Ng Luder:
sweet! so u can get this stuff at circuit city? ill rather go get it locally then having to wait for online buying. also, how can that stuff be asphalt thick? the pics look like the stuff is as thin as paper... i may be wrong here since ive never seen stuff like this before.
</font>
Jkuao said this
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">That stuff's made of an asphalt like stuff. Its really heavy even by the square foot. The density is what makes it soundproof.</font>
He didn't say it was asphalt thick.

That's some good stuff there.....I just don't know that I have the patience to do it right now.....maybe in the summer.

------------------
AOL IM: Joon525

[email protected]

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hey 5Gen_Prelude, thanks for posting them up. Wasn't sure how to do it without the size being so huge.
I also purchased a heatgun and wooden roller from Home Depot since my blow dryer wasn't really getting it hot. It'll be very hot but it'll ensure the stuff doesn't peel off.

------------------

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
Hey 5Gen_Prelude, thanks for posting them up. Wasn't sure how to do it without the size being so huge.
I also purchased a heatgun and wooden roller from Home Depot since my blow dryer wasn't really getting it hot. It'll be very hot but it'll ensure the stuff doesn't peel off.

</font>
how much u pay for the heat gun and roller anyways?

and did u do your doors to or did u only do the trunk?

and i was looking at the web site and they listed something called an xtreme wedge pak. so whats that?

------------------

CURENT MODS:
-UR pulleys set SS

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Paid $25 for the heat gun and $2 for the roller. I also put some dynamat on the side walls next to the backseats and on the rear deck. It was a pain since you had to remove the backseat, deck cover, and plastic side panels. Didn't put any around the front door speakers since I ran out of the stuff. It doesn't vibrate that much up front, mostly my subwoofer was shaking everything in the back.
-Adrian

------------------

[This message has been edited by AustinTXrules (edited April 05, 2001).]

·
Registered
5,058 Posts
well i work and circuit city and that extreme dynimate is the lightest and best one that there is. its alot light but pretty good to boot. man i once dynimated a 2k1 mazda miata. that thing was so much heavier like all over the doors and stuff. I stuck a whole sheet on the inside of the door on the outer panel and did the inside of the door panel too. Wow i didnt hear a difference but oh well. As for the rattling i got some nice woofers and my trunk rattles but i sit inside and cat hear it so oh well.

------------------

aLwAyS lOoKiNg To Go FaStEr
2000 Crystal Blue Base Prelude
OEM Body kit
AEM CAI
EIBACH PROKIT
Dc Front Upper Strut Tower Bar
Dc Rear Lower Strut Tower Bar
Mobil One Synthetic 5w-30
AUDIO:Alpine 7965 CD deck,Mtx Thunder 304 @ 375 Watts, Mtx Thunder 302 @ 400 Watts Powering A 12 Inch Mtx 8000, and Alpine 12 Disc Cd Changer

·
Registered
5,058 Posts
damn i want an r6... all i got is a cbr f3 now i want the blue one hahah to match my car.

------------------

aLwAyS lOoKiNg To Go FaStEr
2000 Crystal Blue Base Prelude
OEM Body kit
AEM CAI
EIBACH PROKIT
Dc Front Upper Strut Tower Bar
Dc Rear Lower Strut Tower Bar
Mobil One Synthetic 5w-30
AUDIO:Alpine 7965 CD deck,Mtx Thunder 304 @ 375 Watts, Mtx Thunder 302 @ 400 Watts Powering A 12 Inch Mtx 8000, and Alpine 12 Disc Cd Changer

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
ahhh...circuit city sucks!! hahaaa j/k!!
I work at best buy. I had dynamat in my old car and that stuff does wonders. I still havent had time to put some in my prelude though.

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
i just did tons of research on this stuff. im planning to put dyna super in the trunk. dyna Xtreame on the doors. followed by dynalining in the trunk again and on the floor below carpeting (since i dont think dynalining has a sticking surface). probaby do dyna super on the back seat areas that i can access after taking off stuff. finishing of by that dyno spray stuff on the parts i didnt get including the wheel wells.

haha! now im gona be driving in the quietness of a lexus baby! hope i can still hear the sirens of cops and fire trucks

------------------

CURENT MODS:
-UR pulleys set SS

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
I used to work at Best Buy, damn I miss my employee discounts! They jack their prices way up.

</font>
hey which one did you work at?? I'm originally from austin but going to school in houston. but i have some friends that work at best buy there in austin. And yes..i love the discounts!

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by H23Lude:
hey which one did you work at?? </font>
I worked at the south store (mopac & 290). But it was 3 years ago. Really don't know anyone that works there except for eddie the store manager and mike in video.
-Adrian

------------------

·
Premium Member
3,041 Posts
Looks like you did a pretty nice job of installing it! Looks very professional! =) Though for everyone that doesn't WANT to spend the preimum price for dynamat you can go though McMaster Carr (I actually have 2 rolls for anyone in the bay area to sell at really cheap since I ended up with extra) and it's the exact same stuff as original dynamat at like 1/2 the price.

~Doug

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.