Honda Prelude Online banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
h23 represent!!! 'hoLlA y0' haha those base rims look amazing on your ride, but why not the SH rims? i think it would look cleaner...
anyways, your lip is off the hook, along with the rest of your car. good job.

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thank you everybody for your comments! :bigthumb:

cantdrive55 - The car still has the original paint. Infact, there are lots of rock chips on the driver side fender, a 2 foot scratch on the passenger side fender that I touched up with some paint and a smiley face was scratched onto my hood at the passenger side area too. :mad:

marshdoggg - Thanks for the vote Marshall! You got my vote for Best 4th Gen because you've got the setup I want too. :D It was a pleasure meeting you as well as Dawson. Hit me up on MSN or something.

BoYgUaN - I actually photoshopped the wheels. It's a photoshop that Mr. Clifford would be proud of. :p J/K Sandiegan is right. I did the 5 lug conversion. I've had this coversion for quite some time but I wanted the members of the Vancouver Prelude Club to see it first. I have to represent my local board. :)

pioneerprelude - I prefer the Base rims over the SH because it follows the lines of the old VTEC rims for the 4th gen. This way it makes it more subtle. I think people who know they're Ludes would recognize it. Another reason I got base rims were because I found them cheap for $100 CDN. People wanted so much for their SH rims that it if I had bought it plus tires, I could've have gotten a set of 16" aftermarket wheels.

98VTEC - Thanks. That was some of the reactions of the people from the show.

John

·
Shattered dreams...
534 Posts
Dude, at first from the pic in your sig I thought they were the 1995 SE wheels (what I have :) ). Stealthy and sleek... very nicely done! Do you have a write-up for the 5-lug conversion?

·
hoop 4 life.
482 Posts
reason why i love 4th gens.

just look at it. :cool:

·
Registered
392 Posts
very nice car man. i love everything about it. simplicity is the key. :bigthumb: lip looks pimp! good work!

·
grrrrrrr
1,574 Posts
Great looking lude. Good to see someone finally showing off the 5 lug conversion. I actually really like those rims on the car except that the offset is off (or maybe due to conversion). The rims should be sticking out a little more IMO but otherwise that is looking really good.

·
Registered
149 Posts
it really is amazing what the 5 lug with the 5th gen rims does for your car. If you put on some clean sides and rear (kaminari or wings west) and cleared out the amber from those tails you'd have the cleanest most original 4th gen i've ever seen. Very nice

·
Registered
125 Posts
it really is the hottest 4th gen i've ever seen. the base rims look better on the 4th gen then the 5th gen.. good work looks great.

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Thanks again everyone for your positive feedback. I really appreciate it when people like my style. :bigthumb:

SoFlaLude - The conversion was simple. My buddies and I searched local wreckers for 5th gen suspension parts. We ended up getting both front and rear knuckles. Also the upper and lower control arms front and rear. Calipers and rotors were included in the purchase. The parts were measured to see if they would fit and the dimensions were the same. They were all bolt in. The most difficult part of the conversion is finding the parts since there were not many wrecked 5th gens. In fact my front is from a 98 and the rear is from a 2000.

euforik - I've always loved your car. Someday my car will be a VTEC also.

yield - Yeah, the wheels have the same dimensions as the 4th gen except for the diameter. Both wheels are 6.5" wide and have a +55 offset. The wheels are harsh tucked into the body. But this will allow me to run bigger rims in the future. Key word is will. :) I don't know if I can ever get a really nice set of rims since I will be taking 4 courses this coming semester at school.

NoRice4U - Yes, I've made it not Unpossible. - Ralph Wiggum :p

fifthgeneric - Thanks! I think I will keep the orange turn signals in the rear. I like the orange for some reason.

John

1 - 20 of 34 Posts