Honda Prelude Online banner
1 - 20 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
saw this in group buy and thought it was a POS. but it just kinda stuck in my head for the longest times and now im looking at it again and im thinking maaybe its not that bad?

they are ROtas Subzeros (ive never even heard of these before...) its 17 inch that weighs 16 lbs. you can get it in white and bronze too. costs less than $600 for all 4. BUT they r made in taiwan...
ive always wanted racing harts or 5zigens but i never have enough money for them. my priorites when it comes to wheels are:

1- light weight
2-looks
3-durability and quality

You guys think this thing is worth it? i probably will never spend over a grand on good rims in my life with my lude... just dont have that kind of money. and when i do ill rather get somthing else with that amount of money.
heres pics:

any input is greatly appreciated

------------------

Crystal Blue 99' SS Lude (born on 7/1/99)~when i got it
PERFORMANCE MODS:
-AEM CAI (silver)-DC Sports CC 4-2-1 Headers
-Tanabe Racing Medalion -UR pulleys SS (3 piece)
-Apexi V-AFC -Autometer A/F gauge -Autometer EGT gauge -zex kit w/ plugs running 55 shots -NOS purge kit *no more performance mods will be added*
NON-PERFORMANCE:
-Panasonic CQ-DF800U
screen name: CBFORMULA

[This message has been edited by Ng Luder (edited April 14, 2001).]

·
Premium Member
4,730 Posts

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by coil222:
not bad. Are those the sub zeros?

</font>
yea they are. sorry i was editing it still to add the name but u already replied. they r Rotas Subzeros

·
Premium Member
4,730 Posts

·
Crunk + Hyphy = Sam
4,989 Posts
Why not spend a little more and get the real thing? I'm talking about the RH CP035's, but in the casted version. I'm going to host a groupbuy soon for the wheels, they could be as cheap as 196 a wheel if I move out 30 sets, but I doubt it. Highest price will be around 238 a wheel. Get the real thing, but its totally up to you man.
SAM

·
Registered
338 Posts
Call me stupid - Those are 4 lugs. They do make 5 lugs with 42 offset / 17 x 7 or 7.5?

That's a good deal..You ought to buy and test it for all of us and give a feedback in two months.

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by 98SHDiamond:
Call me stupid - Those are 4 lugs. They do make 5 lugs with 42 offset / 17 x 7 or 7.5?

That's a good deal..You ought to buy and test it for all of us and give a feedback in two months.

</font>
yea they do have 5 lug patterns for ourludes. plus its 40 pr 45 offset. also about the casted versions of the CP035s, theres no way it will be only 16 lbs at 17 inches. i was tempted to go for casted racing harts but it was too heavy for my tastes

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
i think those look pretty nice. Nice wheels for the price. Rota wheels are actually the same company as Konig wheels. I'm not sure if they are made in the same factory or not though...but i do know they are a "brother" company. Maybe one company bought the other or vice versa.

·
Registered
323 Posts

·
Registered
697 Posts
hey Ng Luder, I can get 5zigen wheels for around $700 a set of four without tires. brand new. my friend can get a good deal at 5zigen wheels, and i live in el monte. let me know if you are interested.

------------------
-- No Tune, No Life --
Michael Li
-- 1997 Prelude 5spd--

·
Registered
149 Posts
well...Rota and Konig are related one way or the other.....I do not think Konig themselves makes the wheels....some company makes them, and Konig just sticks their name on it....

anyways....if you are looking for a cheap lightweight wheel, ever consider the Kosei K1? 17" at 17 lbs. and they are relatively affordable too. Its also a japanese rim.

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
no dont tell me
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by DNA_Cyan:
well...Rota and Konig are related one way or the other.....I do not think Konig themselves makes the wheels....some company makes them, and Konig just sticks their name on it....

anyways....if you are looking for a cheap lightweight wheel, ever consider the Kosei K1? 17" at 17 lbs. and they are relatively affordable too. Its also a japanese rim.
</font>

the konigs and the rotas are made in the same factory...they just stick different graphics on them and stick different cetner caps with em

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
anyways....if you are looking for a cheap lightweight wheel, ever consider the Kosei K1? 17" at 17 lbs. and they are relatively affordable too. Its also a japanese rim.</font>
really? can u post a pic or a link to one of these Kosei K1 you speak of?

mike2016: what kind of 5zigens are u refering to though? again im looking more for a light weight wheel, then i gota see if its looks r for my tastes
let me know what you can get

------------------

Crystal Blue 99' SS Lude (born on 7/1/99)~when i got it
PERFORMANCE MODS:
-AEM CAI (silver)-DC Sports CC 4-2-1 Headers
-Tanabe Racing Medalion -UR pulleys SS (3 piece)
-Apexi V-AFC -Autometer A/F gauge -Autometer EGT gauge -zex kit w/ plugs running 55 shots -NOS purge kit *no more performance mods will be added*
NON-PERFORMANCE:
-Panasonic CQ-DF800U
screen name: CBFORMULA

·
Registered
149 Posts
yah...here they are....I just ordered my set for CDN$1200 shipped to my door...that comes to about US$780 for all 4 rims. I think its a very good price for 17 lbs 17" japanese wheels. I have to wait for mine cuz the gunmetal is not in stock and takes some time to come in from Japan.

White

Silver

Gunmetal aka Anthracite

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
yah...here they are....I just ordered my set for CDN$1200 shipped to my door...that comes to about US$780 for all 4 rims. I think its a very good price for 17 lbs 17" japanese wheels. I have to wait for mine cuz the gunmetal is not in stock and takes some time to come in from Japan.

White

Silver

Gunmetal aka Anthracite

</font>
those look pretty good, particularly the gunmetal one. but are they all the same type or rim? the first one looks especially chubby as the last one looks nice and skinny... i dunno, maybe its just me

·
Registered
188 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Ng Luder:
those look pretty good, particularly the gunmetal one. but are they all the same type or rim? the first one looks especially chubby as the last one looks nice and skinny... i dunno, maybe its just me
</font>
i agree, seems ilke the 1st one has the thickest (or fattest) spokes. while the last has the skinniest. maybe they're different sizes?

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
yea i think it goes from 15 to 16 to 17 inches. thats why the last one looks better.

DNY_CYAN: where did u order from? online? $780 is still alot compared to like $600ish shipped. but i trust japan made stuff a heck of alot more plus i do like that gunmetal one alot more in terms of looks. but yea, where did u order from?

·
Registered
366 Posts
I was thinking about getting the K1's for my 4th gen but then I read that Dr. James had them and they rubbed like crazy since they're 7.5" wide.

1 - 20 of 69 Posts