Honda Prelude Online banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know how they look on the prelude? i'm thinkin about pickin up a pair...i heard they were the closet to HID...very similar to the purplish tint the Audi TT displays? Japantown in the bay has them for about $130...dunno if it's worth it.what other bulbs are recommended?

·
Registered
9,437 Posts
forget it pal, they'll blow in no time. use the search feature and you'll find that PIAA just doesn't make good H1 bulbs... (who does anyway? koito maybe
)

------------------
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by jmcn:
I'm a cheap bastard. What else can I do?
</font>

·
Banned
2,048 Posts
The only bulbs that last are stock bulbs. You want HID? Get the Phillips HID conversion - but note that it's one of the most difficult installations for the Prelude, and our headlights allegedly diffuse the beam more than it should...

------------------
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by atlxchink:
When I try to picture o0OO0o as a moderator, the image of Beavis hacking away at the keyboard comes to mind </font>

·
Registered
149 Posts
i got those piaas.....slightly purple.

dun get these....they dun blow easily as i have been using these for about 8 months, but they are not that bright on the road. To oncoming traffic, they are very bright, but to you as the driver, they dun light up the road very well.

I am thinking of the Catz Zetas.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Yup I've seen these on hondas before with the 9006...imported from GROUP5 ...they are slightly purple....they look alright, but are probably not worth what they go for...

------------------
//935 Wiked Draggers
San Diego, CA
http://www.935draggers.com

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
i was thinking about getting these also..but in 9006. I had the piaa superwhites before and they were definitely brighter. And they just blew out, i had them for at least 2 years. I think the piaa superwhites were definitely worth ever penny. So now i'm thinking about getting the superplasmas...i'm pretty sure the quality is as good as the superwhites. And they're suppose to be brighter. I was also looking at the new piaa extremes. Still trying to decide...

·
Premium Member
4,863 Posts
I keep hearing about the stock bulbs outlasting aftermarket. It is true in most instances, but my PIAA's have gone over 60K+ miles, no problems. Remember though that these are 9006's, not H1's. They are the bright white, not blue look.

·
Registered
416 Posts
Yup...all these premature blowouts don't apply to the 9006..i guess one of the perks of having a 4th gen lude.

My PIAA SW's have lasted 2 years already. and they are so nice and white.

------------------
kimchi cures cancer

·
Registered
702 Posts
Superplasma's will last you 4 months tops usually. My friend keeps buying them cause they look DAMN nice, but they arent worth it for most when they blow out every few months.

[This message has been edited by Lude182 (edited April 26, 2001).]

·
too much jdm stuff
842 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by johnsoncranium:
My PIAA SW's have lasted 2 years already. and they are so nice and white.
</font>
I'm going on one year

-e-

------------------
[tHåt©hMå§të®]

95 VTEC Prelude - RS*R, powerslots, Axxis metal masters, Toyo FZ4s, **type-S intake (thanks Andy!!)** 15.040 @ 92.85

95 VTEC Del Sol - AEM, Bullfrog TB, N2 header, Greddy SP, Powerstop Xdrilled, Z3 fenders

www.thatchland.com

1 - 10 of 10 Posts