Honda Prelude Online banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am trying to replace the drivers side "seat" portion of my leather seat that has wear and tear on it. The rest of the seat is in perfect shape.

The trim shop in town says they can't find the leather to replace.

Does anyone have any leads on getting replacement leather to sew in the seat without having to replace the whole seat?

Thanks

·
Registered
14 Posts
i have the same issue....both seats are starting to let go on the seat. the heaters are quitting one by one. wish i could help...but hey you're not alone!

·
Registered
359 Posts
You can go on ebay and type in "Prelude Seats", and you can find great quality leather seat covers, OEM quality, and they replace the leather, not cover it.
My friend at school did the same on his 98 accord, and they look better than original.
I'll see about pics when the semester begins again.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I am still looking for leather to replace in the seat. I got a quote for 800 bucks to replace the seat.
Is this really high or is replacing a leather seat just expensive.

I would like to find OEM leather to replace it with.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I am trying to replace the drivers side "seat" portion of my leather seat that has wear and tear on it. The rest of the seat is in perfect shape.

The trim shop in town says they can't find the leather to replace.

Does anyone have any leads on getting replacement leather to sew in the seat without having to replace the whole seat?

Thanks
I just had both of mine repaired at a upholstery shop. they cut out the middle perforated section and sewed in a vinyl piece that looks just like the OEM black leather but far more durable.
ps... you can save a ton of the cost if you are able to take apart the seat and remove the cover. remember most of the cost is in the labor. good luck. i will post some pictures soon.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts