Honda Prelude Online banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is a good height to lower your car...I am worry the kit may scape...any suggestion
what kind of spring is good??

·
Registered
327 Posts
Get some coilovers so you can adjust it to your liking.

Daniel

grnlude97

·
Registered
1,979 Posts
dude ..

tanabe super H's seem to be the best solution for guys like u and i in ottawa with the same concerns....

but guess what? GOOD LUCK FINDING THEM !!!

tanabe's are about a 1" drop.. theres some pics of it on an earlier post that i started. seems to be a perfect drop for us.

i'm still searching for them.

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I know someone is selling eiboch pro-kits..it is 1.3" drop..I wonder if that is too much..
as for coilover, ppl say is bad when u live in a area that used lots of salt..like when I live...so I can't exactly get them

I will help to seach for the Tanabe, how much are they..

·
Registered
1,979 Posts
how much?

well a guy in toronto will sell them to me for $320(incl tax) + shipping.

but he's having a hard time finding them.

else u gotta wait like 2-3 months from japan.

·
Registered
1,979 Posts
either that or eibachs/H&R is your next choice but those are 1.3-1.4" respectively.

i've seen the H&R's on a prelude. they are perfect gap clearance front and back. whereas the eibachs are slightly uneven (back looks like it sags a little); i reckon its just an illusion due to the fender shape.

however, both are pretty low for ottawa.. i dunno.

·
Premium Member
4,530 Posts
Honestly, your going to scrape no matter what height you drop it at. At stock level you will scrape a bodykit. You will also get thousands of rock chips. If you are really worried about your car being too low I would recommend going with Eibach prokits or some H&R's.

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
i picked up my tanabe super h's on saturday for 99 bucks! super sale at a shop where my friend lives (out of town). they just had two sets of them, both for preludes, and were tryingto get rid of them.

at stock height i haven't scraped, and if you get a good paint job you should have to worry about rock chips. i've had my kit for 4 month and not one single chip

·
Registered
309 Posts
Well, I finally finally finally took my WW RS kit to a trusted paint/bodyshop, and they agreed to prep, paint and install it for $800. That seems like a lot of money for me, but at least I know they will do a good job. They also agreed to repaint my rear bumper for $300 since it got hit and run a few weeks ago.

Emm... I have an Eibach Pro-kit and my wheels/tires are 2-3% larger than stock diameter (not exactly a good thing), so I have a little bit more ground clearance, but it's still gonna scratch even with the most careful driving in Boston.

------------------

97 Honda Prelude
San Marino Red

·
Registered
309 Posts
Hey jko... which bodyshop are you going to? I had some work done at a place called Hi-Tech in Fresh Pond after someone knocked my bumper off, and they didn't do such a great job... Some spots were bubbled or unpainted, and they scratched parts of my car that they shouldn't have even been touching. To top if off, they didn't even manage to mount the bumper flush with the body. After going back like three times, I finally gave up, but I would like to find a place that might be able to fix some of the stuff that they did.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts