Honda Prelude Online banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
The Cheeze
1,704 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So Im sure most people here are familiar with the past PayPal issues and how many people have been screwed by PayPal. I personally was attempting to unlock my account after it was locked when I made a payment in Germany. I spent over a month attempting to get it unlocked once I got back. I went through retarded methods that always led to a dead end to get it open. After a month or so, I gave up, and left it locked.

This past week I wanted to make a purchase on eBay. Of course, PayPal is still the main form of payment. So, I decided to call them again. It was easier to find the number this time, and I was shocked when being on the phone for only a minute or so, an operator got on the line.

I spent probably a good 3 minutes explaining to her my situation and "effectively" communicating my frustration with the company and how poorly it has handled my issue. She was very kind, did not take it personally, and proceeded to help with my situation. I would say withing 5 to 10 minutes we had my account back up and running. It was a pleasant experience.

I since then received an email asking to fill out a survey. I took the time and gave them my reasons for being so irritated in the past, and that I was pleased they appeared to be making changes. The survey was well worded and I could tell it was designed to truly test the issues that had been so problematic in the past.

Although I am still hesitant to recommend PayPal to anyone yet, I would like to inform everyone that it appears they are making changes for the better.

·
I hate this place UGHHHH
499 Posts
paypal is a fine when it works, but when there is a dispute you will hate them i know i do after i had an ordeal with them that took almost 2months to clear meanwhile put my effn $1,300 on hold. :mad:

·
The Cheeze
1,704 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
paypal is a fine when it works, but when there is a dispute you will hate them i know i do after i had an ordeal with them that took almost 2months to clear meanwhile put my effn $1,300 on hold. :mad:
Ya, when I made the payment in Germany, the money came out of my Bank Account, but was then locked in my PayPal account. I of course was furious, but they wouldn't do anything because I wasn't even in the country.

I called my bank, they took the money back, problem solved. :bigthumb:

I think PayPal is making an attempt to better these issues though.

·
The Cheeze
1,704 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
^ya, thats where I got a "working" number for them back in January. I mentioned that in the survey.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts