Honda Prelude Online banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just wanted to see what kinda parking bulbs you guys have in your headlights, i saw someone with a colored one the other day and i wanted to see what you guys have to say about them.

Oh and another question. I was looking for power chips and i saw some on ebay. some say you can increase horsepower by 100 and mpg by 30. i want to know if anyones tried the ebay power chips? and if so how did they work on your lude?
thanks guys

·
Registered
171 Posts
i'd stay away from ebay products when considering parts for modding my lude, for the most part, stick to well-known names when you can. as for the parking bulbs, i have red ones in my lude currently, and i think it looks pretty sweet when i lock/unlock my car since both ends of the lude light up red :bigthumb:

·
Registered
171 Posts
have any pics of them on and off?
i'll take some pics of it later tonight when i get back from work because right now its pretty sunny here in california and i have to go to work in half an hour haha but when looking into the headlights when its off, its not noticable unless you really look for it

·
Registered
173 Posts
:laugh::laugh::laugh: at the power chips. Increasing HP is FAR from that easy.

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
:laugh::laugh::laugh: at the power chips. Increasing HP is FAR from that easy.
sort of. but legitimate chip/ecu upgrades aren't so pocket friendly like ebay says so.

as far as front parking lights go, i went from having the stock bulbs in there cuz i like the gold glow then i got some 4500k LED's and it was pretty nice for a while, then i had 7color-rotating LED's in there, and finally found some amber colored filament bulbs at a junkyard. so far i prefer the ambers. :bigthumb:

·
Registered
171 Posts
sorry for the poor quality but you get the idea.

i don't have leds as my lights (YET), i just have regular bulbs that are red. they illuminate the whole headlight when turned on alone but is barely noticable when the headlights are on :bigthumb:

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
somewhere would be something that actually GIVES you gains. such as a new intake, headers, exhaust, new pulleys, camshaft, flywheel, clutch, etc. pick and choose.
i already have a weapon r intake and a greddy exhaust, but just dont have the extra cash for anything else these days, when the economy get better or i just save up sme cash then i'll definatly go for a cam upgrade and build my head.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
another question. Can you have a tuned ECU for ludes with A/T? i've been looking and all i found is stuff for just manuals. i havent found anything for A/T....any one know about this? and if you can have a tuned ECU for A/T?

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
i already have a weapon r intake and a greddy exhaust, but just dont have the extra cash for anything else these days, when the economy get better or i just save up sme cash then i'll definatly go for a cam upgrade and build my head.
i know it sucks. which is why i really can't do anything because i'd be flatout broke for months if i upgraded anything. (sucks being a college kid)

anything that has reasonable numbers is always expensive as hell.

·
Registered
1,042 Posts

http://c4.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images02/14/l_bbe02da2aad241bcb6f0e14f6641e657.jpg

i don't have leds as my lights (YET), i just have regular bulbs that are red. they illuminate the whole headlight when turned on alone but is barely noticable when the headlights are on :bigthumb:
if anyone wants me to take pictures of my amber ones or a video of my 7-color LED's i can do it. it's 32F here so it's a lot warmer than it was for a couple weeks. :D

just too lazy to do it on my own.

·
Registered
93 Posts

That looks sick! Are parking lights the same as DRL? :confused:

1 - 20 of 39 Posts