Honda Prelude Online banner
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
1,979 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i walked out of a buddy's place to find my car surrounded by 3 other preludes... all of them were 4th gens and my 5gen was between them.

yay. i wish ottawa had a prelude club

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
i went to target the other day and kinda far out was a nice black 4th gen. so i parked in front of it. when i got back, the other car was gone, and i had a note under my windshield wiper that said "nice car"

·
Registered
431 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by ahcjar103:
i went to target the other day and kinda far out was a nice black 4th gen. so i parked in front of it. when i got back, the other car was gone, and i had a note under my windshield wiper that said "nice car"</font>
Is that a big note that blocked your view?

------------------
1999 Prelude 5spd
Premium Pearl White
0-60 6.7s 1/4 [email protected]

·
THE LONELY MONK
6,005 Posts
Last time i parked to a prelude...all the driver's friends laughed at their driver cause he was stock..

--Sam

------------------

With Great Powers Come Great Responsibilities--Never Underestimate the Power of the VTEC

·
Registered
2,449 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by checkmate58:
Last time i parked to a prelude...all the driver's friends laughed at their driver cause he was stock..

--Sam

</font>
what the ... hehe :p

------------------

·
Registered
2,404 Posts
On Tuesday, me and my bro went to Target and saw a Green Gen 4 Prelude with a Erebuni kit, Altezzas, exhaust, and chrome rims. It was nice, so I parked next to it. I look and see a girlie girl sticker, so I'm thinking extra cool. So, by now I'm peeking in the windows, custom seats and stuff.

I see a mother and daughter walk out of the store, and I'm thinking they're not going to come way out here. Sure enough, it was the girls car. She was HOT. I felt so stupid. All I could say was nice car. She had a worried look on her face the whole time.

Poor girl
JP

·
Premium Member
9,091 Posts
I've noticed most Prelude owners are either girls or pricks. Notice how Harley drivers, even 'vette drivers will wave to each other? Some people are so stupid, spend a LOT of money on a NICE unique car and don't even acknowledge it.

·
Registered
1,882 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by marcucci:
I've noticed most Prelude owners are either girls or pricks. Notice how Harley drivers, even 'vette drivers will wave to each other? Some people are so stupid, spend a LOT of money on a NICE unique car and don't even acknowledge it. </font>
hmm, yeah everyone that lives here that owns a prelude is a girl (all stock) so you do not really bother with them. Other than that, back in the bay area..other prelude drivers would acknowledge me and i would do the same. I guess it's where you live mostly...

·
Registered
830 Posts
when ever i see another 5th gen they always throw me a little wave, even the middle age people

·
Registered
285 Posts
I rarely see a 5th gen in my area, but when I do, I usually get a wave, or a high beam. I do the same in return.

------------------
Life begins at 5,000RPM

·
Registered
2,053 Posts
Yeah, it's funny. About 2 out of 3 Preludes flash their lights at me or honk or wave. But EVERY SINGLE MODDED CIVIC revs on me. I'm getting sick of it.

------------------
My new mechanic

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Pete:
Yeah, it's funny. About 2 out of 3 Preludes flash their lights at me or honk or wave. But EVERY SINGLE MODDED CIVIC revs on me. I'm getting sick of it.

</font>
hahahah

·
Registered
2,404 Posts
I get no love from the fellow Preludes down here, besides the three guys I know. Most are women, and the rest are yuppy college kids who seem scared to wave. I gave one guy a nod, and he looked at me crazy.

Anyone see an UGLY girl with a Prelude?...I didn't think so.

JP

·
Registered
9,437 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by marcucci:
I've noticed most Prelude owners are either girls or pricks.</font>
i'm one of those pricks.

------------------
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Fazle'sRightNut:
wow... come to my site. i will give you free moderator status just for being an OP!</font>

·
Registered
725 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by joedaddy:
if I nod at every single person driving a lude at my school. I will have neck pain.

</font>
True that!!

I think if you live in an area where Preludes are rare, people will feel more camaraderie when they see a fellow owner. But come to Irvine and you'll see 5 on every street corner. I try and toss a look, but most won't even give me a wave, so I don't do it anymore. Oh wellz.

------------------
'00 Prelude
Black 5spd

·
Registered
725 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by ahcjar103:
i went to target the other day and kinda far out was a nice black 4th gen. so i parked in front of it. when i got back, the other car was gone, and i had a note under my windshield wiper that said "nice car"</font>

I'm surprised people actually take the time to write it down on a note!! That's very cool. I think we should all endeavor to write a note for every Prelude we see...

------------------
'00 Prelude
Black 5spd

·
Registered
1,979 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
whats a SHAME is how little attention prelude's get in car magazines (import tuner, sport compact mag.. etc)

our preludes were #1 in car&driver magazine's sport coupes round-up -- how many times? like 4? 5?

i just dont get it....

now that preludes will be out of the honda line-up, you think they'll give it more attention? "you never know how good it is, until u suddenly cant have it anymore"

*shrug* oh well.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts