Honda Prelude Online banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
687 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know people paint their sidemarker housing (the black piece) with spray paint. I was wondering if it would work to use Honda touch-up paint specifically for your color?

·
Registered
414 Posts
I wouldt see y not, but it cant cost to much to have a pro paint them

·
Registered
687 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i wouldn't have a pro paint them.

I would either spray paint according to the houstonprelude site that has a write up on it or I was thinking about using touchup paint just because it is the same color as the car for sure as opposed to guessing on a spray paint can.

·
Premium Member
1,002 Posts
I would go with paint that was made to be used on specifically on lenses,the touch up paint might be too thick and the light wont show through enough

·
Vu Nguyen
3,506 Posts
I just ordered touch up paint (in a spray can) for my sister's car from www.paintworldinc.com - they seem like they know what they're doing and they have all the color codes. The touch up paint (the brush thing) seems like it might peel easily. It might be better to get a can of your paint - it's $15 from that site - and take out the housing to spray it down with it.

·
Registered
687 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
ha, no **** take the housing out.

what would be the difference between spray and brush?
why do you think it would peel more easily if I used the brush?

·
Registered
291 Posts
jherm said:

I wouldn't paint it with a brush because it won't go on a smoothly and even as the spray would. Spraying is the only way to go IMO.

·
Vu Nguyen
3,506 Posts
jherm said:

Yeah, I didn't mean to offend you or anything I just didn't want to say "buy the can and spray it down", it just didn't seem right. The brush wouldn't distribute the paint very evenly or as well as a spray can do. That's the only reason why I suggest the spray :) It's totally up to you though, you can use the brush if you'd like.

·
Registered
687 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
yeah i wasnt offended. i just thought that was funny.
yeah i'm gonna go with the can so it'll distribute more evenly.

thanks for the advice

1 - 12 of 12 Posts