Honda Prelude Online banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,583 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I get my sideskirts in, I'm going to have to get them painted. I used to have an RS kit but when I got it painted, it didn't match perfect. It wasnt bad, just not perfect (you know how it is when you own it). Is there anyway to ensure it is painted right? Im sure some of you with this color have had that problem before?

·
my cat's name is mittens
479 Posts
white is really hard to match. u can ask the bodyshop if they will keep painting it until they get it right

when i put my oem kit on..i'm just gonna paint the entire car pwp again

·
no diggity
1,127 Posts
My bumper, fenders, front lip & rear bumper were all repainted and the paint matches so well that I can't tell a difference :laugh:...maybe the shop I went to is just really good at matching paint, I know they did some sort of blending.

I know they are expensive and did a great job, so maybe that's my advice.

·
Registered
2,136 Posts
doe said:
My bumper, fenders, front lip & rear bumper were all repainted and the paint matches so well that I can't tell a difference :laugh:...maybe the shop I went to is just really good at matching paint, I know they did some sort of blending.

I know they are expensive and did a great job, so maybe that's my advice.
which place did you take it to?

·
Official PO.com Fob
2,062 Posts
pearl is the hardest color to match because the pearl in the paint never stays throughout the mix.

common problem with metallic paints also. all metallic paints have those lil metallic flakes in there. if not mixed properly, and not continously shaken while spraying, the flakes will stick to the bottom of the spray gun. same thing happens with pearl finishes...except the pearl sits at the bottom instead of the metallic flakes.

a common mishap when painting pearl paints is that there will be random pearl-ness throughout the body, which will make the car look really bad.

hope this helps..:bigthumb:

·
my cat's name is mittens
479 Posts
yup its gonna cost a lot but i'm really anal when it comes to the paint matching

·
Elitist FOB
348 Posts
Place I took mine that repainted my hood, bumper and fenders did a GREAT job. Nobody could tell it was repainted, not even the dealer :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts