Honda Prelude Online banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok im planning to paint my silncer black for my TRM (even though i dont use it much, its just kinda ugly with it on):
(before and after silencer)

now i was wondering what do i need to do to go about doing this? do i just buy a can of high temp black paint and spray it on? do i need to prep it with anything first? and where can i get these needed materials and stuff? thanks in advance

·
Registered
9,437 Posts
yeah i think high temp paint is fine... it's going to be all dirty and stuff anyway, so don't worry about prepping it! just spray that sucka

------------------
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by LuDeGirL1004:
wawawa</font>

·
Registered
983 Posts
Haha mine's permanently black from the carbon, i even soaked it in simple green and it was still black. You want it?

------------------

99' Pearl White Prelude
CF Hood
Mugen replica body kit (Front bumper getting repaired)
SFII front bumper
Neuspeed sport springs
Injen Intake, Racing medallion Exhaust
Apex'i V-AFC
Sony CDX-M650 head unit

·
Registered
207 Posts
Just leave it and it will turn black from the exhuast anyways. Or drive without it in, I drove around with mine in for a while, then I missed that deep tone and yanked the sucker out. Its nicely covered in carbon now.

------------------
Watch me go

·
Registered
429 Posts
mothers aluminum polish wil clean it up, and I wouldm't paint it.
later
Mike

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by SlowTegRS:
Just leave it and it will turn black from the exhuast anyways. Or drive without it in, I drove around with mine in for a while, then I missed that deep tone and yanked the sucker out. Its nicely covered in carbon now.

</font>
yea, the thing is i rarely use it so mines always pretty clean.even if its covered in carbon (which has happened before) i still want a more permanant cover for it. thats why i want to paint it black.

does anyone know where i can get this high temp paint? do they come in spray cans? and do all kinds bond to metal like my silencer?

·
Registered
235 Posts
JigglyButt - Not sure if u got my question from the asian luders post, but is that ur car parked on Duarte Rd. in front of Arcadia HS every sat? I always see that car there, and it looks like urs.

I have Mothers Chrome Polish, and it works great on my exhaust. Does ne1 have bronzish spots on their exhaust? Its only on the canistor, but I dont think it is rush though.
Is this normal?

-Tony

------------------
98' Diamond White Type SH:
RS*R Down Springs, Tanabe G-Medallion Cat-Back Exhaust, Iceman Intake, Neuspeed Front Strut Bar, APEX-i VAFC, JDM Fogs, 18" RH Evos D6000, OEM Front Lip (On its way)

[This message has been edited by TcT118 (edited May 02, 2001).]

·
Registered
9,437 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Ng Luder:
does anyone know where i can get this high temp paint? do they come in spray cans? and do all kinds bond to metal like my silencer?</font>
you can get some engine enamel (in spray cans), PEPBOYS and other auto parts stores have them.... PEPBOYS locks them in a cage tho

about $4 a can, i used them on my brake calipers and they still look good after a month.

------------------
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by LuDeGirL1004:
wawawa</font>

·
Registered
983 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by TcT118:
JigglyButt - Not sure if u got my question from the asian luders post, but is that ur car parked on Duarte Rd. in front of Arcadia HS every sat? I always see that car there, and it looks like urs.

-Tony

</font>
Hey wassup, I don't know about saturday, but yeah the last couple of weeks i parked my car on duarte sunday in front of the basketball courts cuz i usually get together with a couple of my friends to play ball for a bit. I saw a silver prelude on rims one day, was that you? It drove by twice

------------------

99' Pearl White Prelude
CF Hood
SFII front bumper
Neuspeed sport springs
Apex'i V-AFC
Sony CDX-M650 head unit

·
Registered
235 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Jigglybutt:
Hey wassup, I don't know about saturday, but yeah the last couple of weeks i parked my car on duarte sunday in front of the basketball courts cuz i usually get together with a couple of my friends to play ball for a bit. I saw a silver prelude on rims one day, was that you? It drove by twice

</font>
Yea! i knew it was you. Nah, thats not me, I drive a white prelude. Oh wait! that silver lude is my friends. We usually play ball at First Ave., don't know if you know where that is. Well its good to finally encounter one of you guys on here in real life. btw, what kinda of cf hood do you have and how do u like it?

-Tony

------------------
98' Diamond White Type SH:
RS*R Down Springs, Tanabe G-Medallion Cat-Back Exhaust, Iceman Intake, Neuspeed Front Strut Bar, APEX-i VAFC, JDM Fogs, 18" RH Evos D6000, OEM Front Lip (On its way)

·
Registered
983 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by TcT118:
Yea! i knew it was you. Nah, thats not me, I drive a white prelude. Oh wait! that silver lude is my friends. We usually play ball at First Ave., don't know if you know where that is. Well its good to finally encounter one of you guys on here in real life. btw, what kinda of cf hood do you have and how do u like it?

Haha, yeah we used to play at first ave. too but we started playing at the arcadia HS courts instead, don't know why but we just switched.

I don't even know what CF hood I have, my guess is its a VIS one cuz the quality isn't all there.
-Tony

</font>

------------------

99' Pearl White Prelude
CF Hood
SFII front bumper
Neuspeed sport springs
Apex'i V-AFC
Sony CDX-M650 head unit

1 - 12 of 12 Posts