Honda Prelude Online banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm thinking of painting my calipers white now that I got some decent rims... any proper procedure on how to do it? is it also possible to paint the hub portion of the rotors, they look kinda rusty, figure they'd look nice white. Anybody have pics? thanks guys...

PS. that stupid atts light still comes on, grrr.

·
Registered
9,437 Posts
i just sprayed a lot of Brak-leen on the caliper, allow it to dry, then sprayed 3 layers of blue engine enamel, plus 2 layers of clear engine enamel...

there's a thread about that in the FAQ too, you might want to check it out.

------------------
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by atlxchink:
BEECH! :D Your a corrupt mod I tell ya! :D ........You're my hero :D</font>

·
Registered
602 Posts
I've heard that the clear top coat is a waste of time because it can't be subjected to such high temperatures. Is this true? If not, where's there a good place to get the top coat paint?? I'm planning on doing this over the weekend. Thanks!

------------------
-Rebecca
'00 5spd base Prelude
What tha dealio?!

·
old dog w/new tricks
1,586 Posts
I used the Por-15 engine painting kit. Painted the calipers, rotor hubs and the outside edge of the rotors. Looks sweet and gets rid of all the unsitely rust.

·
Premium Member
12,808 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Ludecrs:
I've heard that the clear top coat is a waste of time because it can't be subjected to such high temperatures. Is this true? If not, where's there a good place to get the top coat paint?? I'm planning on doing this over the weekend. Thanks!

</font>
VHT makes hi temp clearcoat, which is what i used. U can get it from www.summitracing.com

PS: Check the prelude faq for previous discussions....

·
I don't believe in Titles
3,081 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by preludepower99:
will red calipers fade?</font>
It's the UV rays more than oxidation that kills paint - so not really.

·
Registered
9,437 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Ludecrs:
I've heard that the clear top coat is a waste of time because it can't be subjected to such high temperatures. Is this true? If not, where's there a good place to get the top coat paint?? I'm planning on doing this over the weekend. Thanks!</font>
i used the clear engine enamel, same brand as my blue paint(it's Plasti-cote or something)... so yeah, it should be able to stand the heat.

i got those at PepBoys btw, i think it's like $4 a can (they lock all the paint in a cage, how about that!
).

------------------
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by atlxchink:
BEECH!
Your a corrupt mod I tell ya!
........You're my hero
</font>
[This message has been edited by o0OO0o (edited April 13, 2001).]

1 - 9 of 9 Posts