Honda Prelude Online banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
About how much, on average, paint would it take for a whole body re-paint...not including engine bay touchups? Found a site to get some super marine blue paint for 65 + shipping per pint.

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
it's hard to judge. it varies from shop to shop depending on what they do, the quality of paint, the layers, if they mix clearcoat and topcoat, etc and so on.

using maaco as a basis, a GOOD quality paint job (ie: sand, primer, undercoat, coat, clearcoat) runs something $1000+.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well I didnt really need the amount for actual paint job itself, im getting mine done for free....uncle owns a custom paint shop....its just I need to know how much to order.

·
Read Only
0 Posts
If I were you I'd try to call a few body shops and ask them.
I don't remember how many it took to paint mine or I'd tell ya!
If I find out, I will tell you.

·
Premium Member
78 Posts
Make sure your whoever is painting your car remove all moldings including the winshields. My clear started to peel after a year or so since the shop I went to cut corners.

·
Pimp Member
3,949 Posts
You could probably get away with using 3 qts, but I'd go ahead and get a full gallon just so you have some left over for anything else you might need to paint. Plus you never know if something happens and you need to repaint a bumper or something, cause then you'll have matching paint

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks man, and off topic here but I still love the look of the retrofits you do.

·
Pimp Member
3,949 Posts
Thank you :D Whenever you need a set done, just hit me up

1 - 10 of 10 Posts