Honda Prelude Online banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just painted the cluster ring today...it took me a couple hours to complete...Be carefull when you pop the Cluster cover..I broke the clear plastic...but I used crazy glue to fix it...it is hardly noticeable...but of coz I will always notice it

As for the 10" speaker...it sound lovely with the factory speaker...highly recommand..

·
"PO Doc"
1,484 Posts
Wow, this sounds like my car!

I too broke the clear plastic, but you can order a new one for about $25 shipped from manchesterhonda.com, although make sure you emphasize that you only want the clear plastic shield.

I also just added a Boston Pro series 10" sub, and it is simply SWEET!!! after wrapping the trunk tierods in pipe insulation, i no longer have any rattles.

Enjoy!

Neel

G

·
hey guys ... do you have any pics of your sub enclosures? Did you do something custom, or does the box take up a lot of trunk space? I am still looking into putting SOME sort of sub in my trunk, w/o breaking the bank...

------------------

*These RIMS are FOR SALE!*

·
"PO Doc"
1,484 Posts
Sorry, i don't have any pics, but this is what i have done.

Boston Pro Series 10.52 2 ohm 10" sub
Custom .5 cu ft box sealed box, internally braced
Kenwood Mono Sub amp, 300wx2 at 2 ohm
Monster cable amp wiring kit and interconnects
Alpine head unit with 3 way preout, with sub control

Amp was installed on custom board on passenger side wall of trunk. This is a great location with plenty of air for cooling, and still allows me to fold the seat and not have an amp in the way. The box is very small and can be easily removed.

The head unit and amp were sitting around from before. here were other costs:
Boston Sub $275
Custom Box $125
Custom Trunk Install $50
Amp install $50
Wiring $60

This system sounds amazing, the bass is very deep and tight. You can probably get away with a cheaper sub, such as JL or audiobahn, and use a cheaper, prefabricated box. But i still recommend a 3/4 mdf box no matter what.

Let me know if you have other questions. This was all installed at Tweeter.

Neel

[This message has been edited by nmehta211 (edited April 15, 2001).]

1 - 4 of 4 Posts