Honda Prelude Online banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys,

I just got my lude today. It is a 98' SH. The stosck color is Diamond White Pearl, but it looks too yellow. I like the ludes that are Premium white much better. Does anyone know any good places in So Cal or anyone know someone who could do a good quality paint job for cheap? I am in Orange County. Please help out guys.

·
¡¡¡ǝɹǝɥ sɐʍ sdnʇuǝɯǝɔ
11,990 Posts
I would try giving it a good cleaning, buffer style and wax before you go out and paint it. it's not supposed to be that yellow. I tcould just be oxidized a little from sitting out in the sun forever if it was never waxed or taken care of. I just did this to my CRX. It looked almost gray beofer i did it, now it's one of the brightest whites I have ever seen on a CRX.

·
Registered
12,003 Posts
Look into doing the paint prep work yourself. That's the vast majority of the work/expense, and it's not difficult, just time consuming. Cleaning, stripping, trim removal, sanding, masking, etc.

A little research and a couple afternoons of elbow grease can save you 2 or 3 grand in labor. Just have to find a shop that's willing to work with you in that fashion.

There are countless places that are perfectly qualified to actually spray the color on - how good a job it ends up being (and costing) is dependent on the prep work.

·
no diggity
7,683 Posts
I know of a good shop in socal, did all the work on my car, but they're not cheap....and about an hour north of you.

i agree with cementups, try detailing the exterior first. $50 in supplies is better than a $3k paintjob...

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
Hey bud, welcome and congrats on the lude. One thing I would suggest: If you are planning on buying a body kit, do it when you get the car painted. I have a PPW car (the color you like) and it is a huge pain in the ass to match this color. Painters can rarely get it right. Just a tip~

·
Official PO.com Fob
5,755 Posts
99Interlude said:
Not only that pay attention to ppl's sigs theres a guy here * Jon Like Wh0a * that hooks up ppl with painting b-kits im sure he can give you an idea on the car 2.
hehe, thx for the mention andre ;) umm yea, i know some places around here that are pretty decent. drop me a pm and i'll see what i can do for you. \

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.